This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Feb-2020 10:36 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Allow edits while an album uploads
Posted: 19-Feb-2020 12:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I did a Make All for my largest album. It takes now 6 hours to upload the album with the slow Wifi on my holidays address.

All those time is jAlbum blocked for any other activity.

It would be nice if I could make edits in the current project or add folders etc. or even work on another project.

During this upload process the Make function should of coarse be disabled for the project being uploaded.

Or is it possible to start a 2nd instance of jAlbum with Windows 10?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 19-Feb-2020 12:48
RobM

Re: Allow edits while an album uploads
Posted: 19-Feb-2020 13:07   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Have a read of this post about running two instances of jAlbum.
davidekholm

Re: Allow edits while an album uploads
Posted: 20-Feb-2020 10:36   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

This used to work in the earlier days, but with recent Java updates on Mac, allowing access to the main UI during upload,i.e. using a non-modal upload window, caused prompt dialogs to show up behind the upload window. Very frustrating for users. I've therefore switched to a modal upload window, but perhaps I can use modal windows on Mac only?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums