This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 05-Feb-2020 17:06 Last Post By: gerbrandy6
jGromit

Re: Tiger, extrernal links to sub albums don't work anymore
Posted: 03-Feb-2020 23:15   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The diagrams in the settings panels in Tiger do a pretty good job of showing what's what.

The header is the entire top of the index page, above the thumbnails.

The hero is the image that's used within the header (in most other skins, it's called a theme image, which is what jAlbum calls them internally).

The lightbox is the popup that appears when you click on an image thumbnail. It's a new "layer," on top of the index page. Here's an example that might be clearer, since the index page isn't completely dimmed out in this case - click on a thumbnail:

https://jgromit.com/saturn/standard/

Notice that you can still see the index page - you're not leaving that page. You're just seeing the slide images in a popup lightbox (often referred to as a "modal box").
Laza

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 08:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I see how it's confusing the methodology.

Header is the topmost part of the page. Usually contains the top navigation, the search box and the site logo.

The theme image is the selected image which represents the album. It's a jAlbum functionality.

The hero - comes from Wordpress - is a full screen (or large) section with a large image in background containing the title and page description too. Hero image - when used - is the same as theme image.

Now this can be even more unclear when used in a full-screen skin, e.g. Projector, where I named the hero as "Cover page" to describe its functionality better.
gerbrandy6

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 13:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi jGromit and Laza, I have 2 more questions;

I also have video's on Youtube which I used to play via the embedded code in the external link of a photo. Can I do now the same with a Web location? I tried, got it to work but only full size, not in a nice small box like it was when embedding it in a photo. I also used the frame width of the code below to put it into the Box size in JAlbum.

Target URL: https://www.youtube.com/embed/fqL4ppD0nH8

<iframe width="1093" height="615" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fqL4ppD0nH8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it to work properly, only full size and not like when embedding it into a photo.

Or should I use photo's again when I want to embed a video on Youtube?

Second question is:
I want to store my main photo page (start page) in a separate folder in the root (that is also something JAlbum recommends when uploading for the first time).
Then what should I put in the root to re-direct always to the main photo page when you enter just my domain in the browser? It's looking for an index file.

Thanks.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 15:29   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

For a YouTube video, don't use a web location - use the external link box. That's what it's for. But you don't need to do a lot of fancy iframing. You can just plug in the embed code, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bj-7LxpF9dA
jGromit

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 15:33   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

gerbrandy6 wrote:
Then what should I put in the root to re-direct always to the main photo page when you enter just my domain in the browser? It's looking for an index file.

Edit this to replace the "example" URL with the real URL of where your album is. Save it as index.html and upload it to the root of your domain. It will do an instant redirect to your photo album.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Redirect</title>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; URL=http://www.example.com/">
</head>
</html>
gerbrandy6

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 16:06   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, thanks. I know that I should use the External link box, but that box is part of a Web location or a photo. When I use the External link box of the photo, it works well, but when I use the External link box of the Web location the video is shown full size on the screen (I have a 32 inch, and that's way to big for a 1280x720 movie to play on).

So, I assume, for a video, I use the External link box of a photo (like I used to do)?

Secondly, when I do that I have the problem that the Web Location with photo's is not ordered next to the Photo with the external link to the video. These are ordered differently in de ordering part of the Sections.

Because I want to have everyting ordered chronologically...can I get these 2 next to each other?

See the difference on this URL. The first cheetah andat the bottom, the last cheetah.
https://www.lex-brigitte.nl/Lex%20Photo's/index.html

And thx for the re-direct script!

Edited by: gerbrandy6 on 04-Feb-2020 16:09
jGromit

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 16:11   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

gerbrandy6 wrote:
So, I assume, for a video, I use the External link box of a photo (like I used to do)?

Yes, exactly.

Because I want to have everyting ordered chronologically...can I get these 2 next to each other?

I'll have to leave that one to Laza. Tiger wants to treat web location like folders, rather than like images, so it groups them separately. (My skins treat them like images, instead.)
gerbrandy6

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 16:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

:-)
Which skin of you looks most like Tiger where I can have these 2 next to each other?
jGromit

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 16:55   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

I hope none of my skins looks like Tiger! After all, why develop a new skin that looks just like someone else's skin?

https://jgromit.com/

My own travel site is built with Mars. This is actually just one big project, with folders. But you could do the same thing with web locations and a separate album for each destination.

https://jefftucker.org/

But Mars doesn't support YouTube videos (your own MP4's, yes, but not externally hosted videos). The skin features chart:

https://jgromit.com/features.html
gerbrandy6

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 17:53   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Nice travel site!

OK, thanks a lot again for your help! And have more nice travels!

Lex
jGromit

Posted: 04-Feb-2020 17:57   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

gerbrandy6 wrote:
And have more nice travels!

Hiking and eating in the Greek Isles in May. :)
Laza

Posted: 05-Feb-2020 10:58   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

Tiger groups items based on their use. Those link to external sites are treated as folders, and those having some content from an external site that supposed to be displayed in the lightbox are treated as normal images (thumbs). I believe mixing them would bring more confusion.
gerbrandy6

Posted: 05-Feb-2020 11:03   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

OK, thx Laza, clear. It's a pity, In my situation I would like to have them next to each other. Photo's and film of the same travel, next to each other.
jGromit

Posted: 05-Feb-2020 12:03   in response to: gerbrandy6 in response to: gerbrandy6

gerbrandy6 wrote:
OK, thx Laza, clear. It's a pity, In my situation I would like to have them next to each other. Photo's and film of the same travel, next to each other.

But that's exactly what you have. It doesn't matter whether the web locations are treated as folders or as images.

You have an album for Brazil, an album for Morocco, and an album for Tasmania. You're now creating an "album of albums," with three thumbnails - one for each destination. Those are all web locations, and you can put them in any order you like.

The Brazil album consists of JPG's, MP4's, and YouTube videos. Those are all treated as images, and you can put them in any order you like.
gerbrandy6

Posted: 05-Feb-2020 17:06   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, I'll try something out one of these days. Thx for the tip.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums