This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 83 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] - Last Post: 03-Feb-2020 01:44 Last Post By: jimberry
jimberry

Re: Wikipedia article on "jAlbum"
Posted: 29-Jan-2020 23:18   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I don't think we should confuse Wikipedia's preferences with the preferences of individual editors.
I regard Wikipedia as more reliable than most internet sources (or even the Bible ;) ), but one should always be aware of its limitations.
I don't think it is easy for an ordinary editor to delete an article, but deletions can be requested, so that it can be discussed before action is taken.
I agree, however, that deletion could be the best answer to this problem, as incorrect information is not helpful to anyone, and it is not worth getting involved in "edit wars".
jimberry

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 11:01   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

I hope I have now been able to convince the overzealous Wikipedia editor that I am not a stakeholder in the jAlbum article.
I have now (painstakingly) recreated all of the edits that were UNDONE.
Can I ask some kind jAlbum user to proofread the corrected article and alert me to any potential problems?
Also any suggestions would be welcome re some secondary sources that can be added to remove the new flag that appears at the top of the page?
RobM

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 11:46   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

The only thing that I can see is under hosting service, it is used by professionals (not just for photographers), not just ‘social photo sharing’.
RobM

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 12:08   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

RobM

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 12:44   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

More, but confusing info as it states jAlbum is free and requires payment..
jAlbum 19.3
https://www.macworld.co.uk/download/audio-video-photo/jalbum-193-727/
By same author
https://www.techworld.com/download/audio-video-photo/jalbum-193-727/
jimberry

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 14:10   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
The only thing that I can see is under hosting service, it is used by professionals (not just for photographers), not just ‘social photo sharing’.
What is your suggested wording?
RobM

Posted: 30-Jan-2020 16:09   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
RobM wrote:
What is your suggested wording?
Hadn’t really thought about it, but maybe ‘ The website jalbum.net is used for commercial purposes and as a social photo sharing website,’
RobM

Posted: 02-Feb-2020 16:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Another review site, much clearer and an easy option to provide corrections to the article. https://jalbum.informer.com/
jimberry

Posted: 03-Feb-2020 01:44   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Another review site, much clearer and an easy option to provide corrections to the article. https://jalbum.informer.com/
Thankyou RobM for that secondary source reference.
I have now included that site as a secondary source reference for the License section.
This article now contains 3 primary sources and 4 secondary sources - I am not sure what is required to eliminate the template message. I will try to investigate further before removing the template (I don't want to get involved in any "edit wars").
I would be grateful if anyone has suggestions for further secondary or tertiary sources for particular statements, but I don't see this as an urgent issue.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums