This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jan-2020 22:28 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rfm2

Venus Site Home Icon
Posted: 14-Jan-2020 22:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In trying out the new Venus skin I find that when choosing the alternate icon for the Site Home the choice is not retained when saving the project, closing, and re-opening the project. It always reverts to the default. Am I missing something?
JeffTucker

Re: Venus Site Home Icon
Posted: 14-Jan-2020 23:03   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Stubborn little devil, isn't it?

I'll have to hunt that one down and fix it in the next release.
rfm2

Posted: 14-Jan-2020 23:27   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks for the quick reply. I know you not only favored the default icon but were even reluctant to add the conventional house icon to Neptune (I think it was) quite some time ago, but I didn't expect you to force it on me with this new, more limited skin :-)

My interest in the new skin was for those occasions when I make a "gallery" of multiple "albums", each of which might have just a few images. The Venus approach would make more sense in those cases, so I'm going to keep playing with it for a while.
JeffTucker

Posted: 14-Jan-2020 23:52   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

The nasty thing about getting older is that you know you have a "memory flag" set for something, but can't quite dredge it up. This is all vaguely, disturbingly familiar, and it has to do with radio buttons that have no text labels attached to them. And, bizarrely, it afflicts only groups of two buttons, not three or more. I wish I could remember the workaround (other than adding some text, which works like a champ), and don't understand why I haven't seen problems with it in other skins (Pluto, for example, has a very similar setup).

Damned newfangled Java!!

I'm sure one or two more single malts will lead to an epiphany. Yeah, that's it....
JeffTucker

Posted: 15-Jan-2020 22:28   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Attachment surrender.png (30,8 KB)
Sometimes, abject surrender is the smart move. Next release, see screenshot. Remembers the setting every time.

rfm2 wrote:
My interest in the new skin was for those occasions when I make a "gallery" of multiple "albums", each of which might have just a few images. The Venus approach would make more sense in those cases, so I'm going to keep playing with it for a while.

Another possible use, suggested by mrag in one of his rare, more lucid moments: you could put together a "Xmas letter" album, with a folder (group) for each month, a little text ("In January we jetted off to Ibiza"), and a few images for that month.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums