This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jan-2020 10:20 Last Post By: jpalik Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jpalik

Title does not display in the banner
Posted: 14-Jan-2020 20:19

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I may as well start 2020 with a question about something I have been doing for years but for some reason I wont display.

I am using the Tiger skin. I created my first slide show of the year and the title will not display in the banner.

See https://jpalik.com/JohnNichols/

I have attached the jap file

Thank you, I am sure it is something dumb.

Edited by: jpalik on 14-Jan-2020 20:20
jGromit

Re: Title does not display in the banner
Posted: 14-Jan-2020 21:17   in response to: jpalik in response to: jpalik
Correct
Attachment ss006489.png (47.6 KB)
I do like the easy ones! You've blanked out the header caption template, which is now telling the skin not to put anything in the header. See screenshot. Choose one of the other presets, then choose the preset you want - that will repopulate that field.

I would also strongly suggest that you not try to put HTML into the album title. You've got this, which isn't valid HTML at all:
The Fourth Estate-Trump & US Elections<br/><h3>a presentation by John Nichols at the SWR Studio Stuttgart, Germany
Make the album title just:
The Fourth Estate-Trump & US Elections
Then make the album description:
a presentation by John Nichols at the SWR Studio Stuttgart, Germany
If you want the date shown after "Germany" instead of after "Elections," just tell Tiger to set up the caption template that way:
<h1>${title}</h1>
<div class="description">${description} <span class="date">${folderModDate}</span></div>
jpalik

Re: Title does not display in the banner
Posted: 15-Jan-2020 10:20   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

You should know by now that you can always depend on me for the easy ones. :-)

And, yes, you have already admonished me for my bad html. I have to go back to your earlier explanation for the correct method to use.

Thanks.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums