This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Jan-2020 16:17 Last Post By: davidekholm
ronvanrossum

Keyboard disabled after entering special character
Posted: 17-Apr-2019 09:36

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I use a mac (macOS 10.14.4) and encounter a problem after entering a special character on the Mac-way (keep a character pressed and wait for the pop-up). After selecting the special character from the pop-up, the keyboard becomes unresponsive. This happens in all input fields of the UI of jAlbum and only in jAlbum. All other open application work normally. JAlbum must be stopped (Quit by using the mouse) en restarted to use the keyboard again. Even switching the keyboard off and reconnect it again does not help.
JeffTucker

Re: Keyboard disabled after entering special character
Posted: 17-Apr-2019 13:56   in response to: ronvanrossum in response to: ronvanrossum

I see the same thing on my Macbook. The keyboard becomes unresponsive after trying to enter a special character. I can still click on things, like the OK button to close the settings panel, but that's all I can do. The keyboard remains dead until a close and restart of jAlbum.
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Apr-2019 14:13   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Helpful
I've stumbled on at least one weird little workaround. Once the keyboard locks up, enter CTRL-Space. That frees up the keyboard again. I have no idea why, or whether some other combo will do the same thing!
ronvanrossum

Posted: 17-Apr-2019 14:34   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes, that works. Amazed that you could find that so quickly. Even my cat has never been able to find that key combination, even though she regularly walks back and forth on my keyboard :-)
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Apr-2019 14:54   in response to: ronvanrossum in response to: ronvanrossum

I made an entire career out of having a pretty good guessing percentage. ;)
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Apr-2019 14:56   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks for reporting and thanks for the workaround. This is a Java issue, i.e. some interaction bug between Java and OS X. I can reproduce it and report that it's gone in Java 12, but we're currently having difficulties launching jAlbum on Java 12 using the ordinary .app package's launcher so I can't promise when we'll have it resolved.
davidekholm

Posted: 06-Jan-2020 16:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Correct
FYI: Since jAlbum v19.1 this bug has been fixed.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums