This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Jan-2020 06:00 Last Post By: janehackett Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
janehackett

Upload to jAlbum from iPhone app
Posted: 05-Jan-2020 02:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I would like to use my iPhone jAlbum app to upload a photo blog while travelling. I’ve tried making an album from the app but it is not visible when I hit Done. I made a new album on my Mac and uploaded it. That’s visible but I can’t see how to upload additional photos to it from the iPhone app as I travel. How can I use this when travelling if I don’t have a laptop?
jGromit

Re: Upload to jAlbum from iPhone app
Posted: 05-Jan-2020 03:18   in response to: janehackett in response to: janehackett

janehackett wrote:
I made a new album on my Mac and uploaded it. That’s visible but I can’t see how to upload additional photos to it from the iPhone app as I travel.

Let's deal with the easy one first. An album created with the desktop application can be updated only with the desktop application. An album created with the iOS app can be updated only with the iOS app. They're very different animals, and can't interact with each other.

I would like to use my iPhone jAlbum app to upload a photo blog while travelling. I’ve tried making an album from the app but it is not visible when I hit Done.

I can't really speak to that, since I don't have an iOS device to test with. I've got an Android phone, and the Android app has no "done" button. You select the images, enter a Title, then upload. There is no other interaction possible. It's a very limited beast - I can't imagine trying to maintain any sort of running blog with it while traveling.

(jAlbum really doesn't have the resources to maintain all of these mutually incompatible applications. I wish I could persuade them to kill off some of them. That would be better than continuing to offer apps that get horrible reviews from the people who install them. The one-star slams for the Android app on Google Play are downright embarrassing.)

ETA: The description of the iOS app says that you can create an album with online jAlbum (not the full desktop application) and update it with the iOS app. I can't say, but I don't think I'd bet on it. ;)
janehackett

Re: Upload to jAlbum from iPhone app
Posted: 05-Jan-2020 06:00   in response to: janehackett in response to: janehackett

Thanks jGromit. It all looks too hard and nothing seems to upload properly from the iPhone app. I think I’ll throw my hands in the air and find another way to do a blog that’s easy and painless. Thanks again for your quick reply.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums