This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Dec-2019 15:05 Last Post By: bper
bper

Fancybox skin links
Posted: 12-Dec-2019 17:54

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am putting some albums on a DVD with a menu.html file to access each one. This part works fine. I am trying to have the up arrow at the top of the page link back to my menu in the root directory, so I can choose another album. This is under setting/fancybox/links.

It works great to link to a web page, but I cannot get it to link back to my DVD root directory to the menu.html file. I am sure it's just me and a lack of programming knowledge, so I need a little nudge in the right direction. I have tried cd menu.html, but no luck. It does not seem to want to go back to the root directory - bper
AndreWolff

Re: Fancybox skin links
Posted: 13-Dec-2019 09:24   in response to: bper in response to: bper

That is difficult to say if you do not give the contents of your file menu.html and/or the directory structure of your CD.
By entering 'javascript:history.back()' in the Parent page URL field you can return to the previous page, however in case of an album with folders it is better to enter a relative address like '../menu.html' if your album folder is in the same directory as file menu.html, so if your menu.html contains a link like
<a href="MyAlbum-1/index.html">My album 1</a>
But if your album is deeper, so if your link is
<a href="Walkings/Walking-1/index.html">Walking 1</a>
the relative address is '../../menu.html'.
bper

Re: Fancybox skin links
Posted: 13-Dec-2019 15:05   in response to: bper in response to: bper

Thank you, that worked. The problem I was having is that I have several albums on the DVD and they are all in the root along with the menu.html file. But, the index.html file is in the album subdirectory of each album. The ../../menu.html entry in the Fancybox/links works fine on a test DVD now. I knew I just needed a little guidance to do this. The up arrow now goes back to the menu and I can pick another gallery to view

For anyone that wants to do this, here is a link to my galleries on my Wordpress page. I simply modified it a little for the DVD. Instead of web links, I had it go to the index file of the gallery you clicked on. That's why I needed to get back to the root of the DVD where the menu resides - bper

http://perr.com/wordpress/?page_id=788
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums