This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Nov-2019 17:44 Last Post By: csb-strapshop Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
csb-strapshop

Tiger shopping cart function: individual item specs/prices
Posted: 24-Nov-2019 09:45

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I want to have individual specs (prices) for the items in my shop just as on the sample website for a shop with the Tiger skin (3 items). I can edit the list of items specs and prices in the Tiger settings from which the user can select an item, but where do I specify a single price for the individual images/items? I do not want a dropdown list from which a price is selected, because this is not applicable for the different items.
Laza

Re: Tiger shopping cart function: individual item specs/prices
Posted: 24-Nov-2019 10:58   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Select the item in Explore view -> go to Edit mode -> Image data (right panel) -> Shop options

If you don't want a list of options use a single option, e.g.:
Price=10.0
csb-strapshop

Posted: 24-Nov-2019 11:35   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Works fine, thanks a lot! I wish there was a comprehensive "manual" for this very nice skin.
RobM

Posted: 24-Nov-2019 13:34   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

There is a comprehensive manual and lots of guides for both JAlbum and Tiger:
http://jalbum.net/help/en/Add_a_paypal_shopping_cart_in_Turtle (Tiger replaces Turtle)
http://jalbum.net/help/en/Skin/Tiger
http://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum
jGromit

Posted: 24-Nov-2019 13:38   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

And on any settings panel, click the in the top right corner.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 10:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Now I am confused, I can use the shopping cart function with the Turtle skin but not with the Tiger skin. Am I using an old version of the skin (2.9.5)? The skin information in the web says that Tiger has an integrated shopping cart function, the skin information in jAlbum does not show the shopping cart function. However, I can make all the settings for the shopping cart but it does not show the cart button and info after generating the album. What am I missing?
RobM

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 11:48   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Try importing the settings from this demo shopping cart on a small test project.
Laza

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 13:53   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Please check if all the mandatory fields are filled in, see screenshot. If you want the button to appear in the Lightbox too, turn on "Shopping cart" on the "Settings / Tiger / Lightbox / Info panel" panel too.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 15:00   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

I made the settings as in the screenshot, but I want to have individual prices and not a list, so I deleted the list and made the settings per image. Still no shopping cart buttons on the images, I think I have to start with a new fresh album, the one I used for testing has been changed and tampered with too much. Let's see if I can get the buttons...
csb-strapshop

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 15:42   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Looks like the cart only functions if there is at least one entry in the price list, regardless if you want individual prices or not. Anyway, this seems to work.

The next question is: how do I set the skins to a language other than the OS language? Although I use a German Mac OS I would like to use jAlbum in English and above all the skin GUI should be in English...
jGromit

Posted: 25-Nov-2019 15:45   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

See jAlbum, Preferences, General, Language.

ETA: Don't overlook the search capability of jAlbum. Click the little magnifying glass at upper right, enter language, then select the found item
Laza

Posted: 26-Nov-2019 07:36   in response to: csb-strapshop in response to: csb-strapshop

Yes, a default shop option should be provided. But you can remove the cart from the items one-by-one by entering "-" (a single minus sign) in shop options box in Edit mode. I took once a user creates a shopping album it's typical that she/he wants to sell all (or most) of the items.
csb-strapshop

Posted: 26-Nov-2019 17:44   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks for all the help so far, the original question has been answered I guess, so I will mark it as answered.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums