This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Oct-2019 15:17 Last Post By: davidekholm
olafmue

Make album crashes with Lucid
Posted: 25-Oct-2019 02:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello jAlbum team,

Today I tried the new Lucid skin (warm) with one of my albums. It crashes pretty much immediately.
Environment:
Fedora Workstation 30

jAlbum 19.1

java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_222-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

Error message:
An unexpected error occurred. Please see detailed description below:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'com.adobe.internal.xmp.XMPMeta com.drew.metadata.xmp.XmpDirectory.getXMPMeta()'
at se.datadosen.jalbum.XmpManager.init(XmpManager.java:98)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.XmpManager.<init>(XmpManager.java:77)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getXmpManager(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1287)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getComment(AlbumObjectImpl.java:893)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.registerVariables(AlbumBean.java:2246)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getVars(AlbumObjectImpl.java:2431)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumImage.applyFilter(AlbumImage.java:177)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn.scripts/jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$Recompilation$384$99757AAZ$util.createFolderThumb(/home/olaf/.jalbum/skins/Lucid/lib/util.js:4195)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn.scripts/jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$Recompilation$381$5988A$init.processFolder#L:186(/home/olaf/.jalbum/skins/Lucid/init.js:221)
at jdk.nashorn.javaadapters.java_util_function_Consumer.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn.scripts/jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$Recompilation$380$5542A$init.processFolder(/home/olaf/.jalbum/skins/Lucid/init.js:186)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn.scripts/jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$379$predir/0x0000000100c7b040.:program(/home/olaf/.jalbum/skins/Lucid/predir.js:5)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunctionData.invoke(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunction.invoke(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptRuntime.apply(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(Unknown Source)
at jdk.scripting.nashorn/jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.eval(Unknown Source)
at java.scripting/javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.doProcessExpression(AlbumBean.java:2530)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processExpression(AlbumBean.java:2522)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processScript(AlbumBean.java:2478)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeAlbumForFolder(AlbumBean.java:1473)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2755)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.smartMakeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2667)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame$6.run(JAlbumFrame.java:1118)
davidekholm

Re: Make album crashes with Lucid
Posted: 25-Oct-2019 14:52   in response to: olafmue in response to: olafmue
Correct
The error actually indicates a missing lib/xmpcore-6.1.10.jar file. Please verify that. It should be 139 978 bytes long.

Update: That IS the reason. I'll have to repackage and re-release the Linux version. I'll be back

Update again: It's rather that there is an old version of the xmpcore library lurking around. Please delete lib/xmpcore-5.1.2.jar and report how it behaves now.
davidekholm

Posted: 25-Oct-2019 16:18   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Apart from there being an old version of that library around, I don't get what could be causing this problem really. Can't reproduce it here, but it's a good thing to delete that old file anyway.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 25-Oct-2019 17:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The error actually indicates a missing lib/xmpcore-6.1.10.jar file. Please verify that. It should be 139 978 bytes long.

Update: That IS the reason. I'll have to repackage and re-release the Linux version. I'll be back

Update again: It's rather that there is an old version of the xmpcore library lurking around. Please delete lib/xmpcore-5.1.2.jar and report how it behaves now.

Package jalbum-19.1-1.x86_64 actually owns 2 versions:

erlangen:~ # ll /usr/lib/jalbum/lib/xmpcore*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 86317 Nov 8 2014 /usr/lib/jalbum/lib/xmpcore-5.1.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 139978 Aug 25 02:54 /usr/lib/jalbum/lib/xmpcore-6.1.10.jar
erlangen:~ #

No adverse effects observed so far.
olafmue

Posted: 25-Oct-2019 20:04   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Thank you very much for your immediate help! I really appreciate your software and your services
davidekholm

Posted: 26-Oct-2019 15:17   in response to: olafmue in response to: olafmue

However, xmpcore-5.1.2.jar should be deleted.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums