Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 58 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] - Last Post: 23 Oct 19, 21:28 Last Post By: JeffTucker
JeffTucker

Re: Lucid skin testing
Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
The cross-site warning is related to the widgets, I guess, otherwise no such cookie is stored by the skin.

I'm not using widgets. They're not enabled at all in my default setup. Looks like it has to do with Facebook, so I know nothing about it. As you know, I don't do social media or shopping carts, having witnessed the pain those have caused you over the years. My skin users seem to be able to live without them.

Yes, it seems the favicon.ico is somewhat restricted on jalbum.net, perhaps Anders can tell why.

This rings a bell. It has something to do with jalbum.net providing its own favicon.

The will-change is just a CSS property that tells the browsers what properties will change. The intention is to optimize the transitions upfront. As I read FF can deal with up to 3x of the screen size, however Lucid needs 4-5x screen area for all the carousel to fit in. Perhaps I can omit this attribute completely, but I don't think it hurts.

Yes, I don't worry too much about warnings, since they're not really errors.
Laza

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 15:12   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
On David's advice I will utilize the tap on current photo to toggle the control bar instead. I guess that's more natural for mobile users.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 15:21   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
On David's advice I will utilize the tap on current photo to toggle the control bar instead. I guess that's more natural for mobile users.
I don’t agree, i think you should at least implement in the UI an option so that the user can make his own choice.

Edit:

I see that a click stops a slideshow on an ipad, which is good of course.
But a next click has no effect, I think in that case the slideshow should continue.
If the slideshow is disabled, a click should display the next image.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 18-Oct-2019 15:31
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 15:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Rotating an iPad gives a problem, see attached screenshots.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 18:25   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Next problem: a link in the caption is not working, see here.

The Explorere view of that image is enclosed.

Edit:
This is no fault, it is OK:

My fault, or more a fault of jAlbum: jAlbum let you still enter a comment and does not give a warning if on the Advanced / Metadata tab check-mark jAlbum (text-files) is not set!!!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 19-Oct-2019 11:14
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 18:29   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Another problem:

In the Explorer view of an image is (see enclosed screenshot) a spherical panorama indicated, but the image is displayed as a flat image, see here.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 18:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
On David's advice I will utilize the tap on current photo to toggle the control bar instead.
Well David is your boss, so it is logical that you implement what he wants!
Lucky I am an independent unpaid developer / tester so I can safely disagree with him.

I have a better idea:

• If you open an album the control bar is always visible.
  • On an mobile system you use the vertical swipe to toggle (hide/show) the control bar.
  • If the system uses a mouse, clicking on the control bar outside a button hides the control bar. Clicking again in the control bar area shows the control bar again.
  • On mobile system and on mouse based systems a click on the image stops a slides-show if a slides-show is enabled. The next click starts the slides-show again.
  • If the slide-show is disabled, a click should display the next image on both types of systems.
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 14:09   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
My fault, or more a fault of jAlbum: jAlbum let you still enter a comment and does not give a warning if on the Advanced / Metadata tab check-mark jAlbum (text-files) is not set!!!

Did that box magically uncheck itself? Or did someone sneak onto your computer and do it?

Or did you uncheck it? Why would you do that?

This is why we don't take your bug reports seriously - you send us off on wild goose chases repeatedly. This is a case in point. If we took your report seriously, someone would have spent time generating a test album, putting a link in a comment, generating an album, seeing that it worked properly, then wondering why it didn't work properly for you. And it was all because you had done something wrong, and for no apparent reason.

You don't seem to have any qualms about wasting other people's time.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 10:09   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Attachment Stuck.PNG (184.3 KB)
Attachment NotJustified.PNG (185.1 KB)
I see two problems with the thumbnails on my iPad with iOS 13:

The last thumbnail is not justified.

You can't scroll to every thumbnail, scrolling stucks.

See enclosed screenshots made with this Lucid test album
Laza

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 10:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
The last thumbnail is not justified on purpose. Normally you shouldn't get 1 column of thumbnails, only if you make them much bigger. The last line is left aligned in order to avoid stretching through 4-5 columns.

andrewolff.jalbum.net is unreachable for some reason, but in my test album I can scroll down to the bottom of the thumbnails. Are you using some custom code?

I see usability problems on iPad, which I'll try to address. iPad (iPhone) is adding the height of the browser bar to the page height when used 100% height mode. This bottom part can only be revealed when you scroll up, but then iPad might hide the top part when it thinks so. I don't yet know how to avoid this, but it seems this is a concise design choice. (Although this makes full screen apps nearly impossible.) Android works much better in this regard.
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 11:55   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
The last thumbnail is not justified on purpose. Normally you shouldn't get 1 column of thumbnails, only if you make them much bigger. The last line is left aligned in order to avoid stretching through 4-5 columns.
I don't think this is a nice solution. May be you can add an option for the last row as is done in my skins if the user select the Justified Gallery: Last row option: Justify, Left aligned, Center aligned, Right aligned or Hide.
andrewolff.jalbum.net is unreachable for some reason, but in my test album I can scroll down to the bottom of the thumbnails. Are you using some custom code?
Yes I am using custom code as I explained above, but that code is not working. I noticed in the meantime that the jAlbum stuck problem on an iPad with iOS 13 can be solved by just clicking your upper toolbar.
I see usability problems on iPad, which I'll try to address. iPad (iPhone) is adding the height of the browser bar to the page height when used 100% height mode. This bottom part can only be revealed when you scroll up, but then iPad might hide the top part when it thinks so. I don't yet know how to avoid this, but it seems this is a concise design choice. (Although this makes full screen apps nearly impossible.) Android works much better in this regard.
Well I don't know how it is done, but I use the fancyBox gallery library, which works fine on an iPad. To see it working open this album on an iPad and click on the settings button in the upper right corner. Select there 'Use full screen for a picture: yes', close the settings window and click on a thumbnail.
I have still problems with my skins with iOS 13 on an iPhone. Only if I select there via the aA button 'Hide button bar', it is working OK. Please let me know if you find a solution for the iPhone!
markok

Posted: 23 Oct 19, 17:16   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Unfortunately Web link to Sample album is broken...
Laza

Posted: 23 Oct 19, 18:55   in response to: markok in response to: markok
Thanks, I have fixed the link.
JeffTucker

Posted: 23 Oct 19, 21:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Thread closed - this was for testing Lucid before it was released. It isn't the thread for posting about every problem or feature request.

If you encounter bugs or want to lobby for a change to the skin, please start a new thread about it. Thanks.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums