This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 24-Jun-2019 23:14 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Re: Open the Album settings window so that the user can a easy control it.
Posted: 20-Jun-2019 19:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
Odd. I wonder what triggers this on your computer when we can't reproduce this anyone of us.
Maybe it is related to a HDPI screen, see the settings in the enclosed screenshot.

Anyhow the problem would be solved if you display the skin settings window within the jAlbum viewport or display at least the top of the settings window just below or on the top of the jAlbum top,
jGromit

Posted: 21-Jun-2019 14:28   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Odd. I wonder what triggers this on your computer when we can't reproduce this anyone of us.

I can reproduce this, but it takes a very specific set of conditions.

First, the main jAlbum window needs to be shrunk down so that it is significantly shorter than the skin's settings panel. This is why no one else seems to have encountered this before - I suspect most users don't do this, and in most skins, the settings panel isn't huge (I make sure mine are smaller than the typical low-end laptop monitor - anything larger than that is almost aggressively unfriendly).

Second, you need to move the jAlbum window very close to the top edge of the monitor. You can't slide it hard against the top, because that just triggers Windows "maximize" behavior.

If you now open the skin settings, the top bar of the window will be inaccessible with the mouse.

There are two fixes for this. Simplest is to close the settings window (just click OK, or hit ALT-F4), drag the jAlbum window down and/or make it taller, and open the settings again. For a one-shot fix (i.e., Windows doesn't remember it), use the keyboard: ALT-Space, then M, then use the arrow keys to move the window down.

This doesn't occur in macOS. In macOS, no window can be positioned so that its top bar is invisible on the monitor. So, should jAlbum struggle to overcome a rare case that's actually just a Windows bug?
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Jun-2019 15:48   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
So, should jAlbum struggle to overcome a rare case that's actually just a Windows bug?
Yes of course: Windows is the most frequently used OS and the fix is simple as I told already above.
davidekholm

Posted: 24-Jun-2019 15:28   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
There will be a fix for this in the upcoming jAlbum release.
AndreWolff

Posted: 24-Jun-2019 15:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
There will be a fix for this in the upcoming jAlbum release.
Yes, this problem has been solved in version 18.3.

Thanks!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 24-Jun-2019 23:13
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums