This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-May-2019 09:23 Last Post By: ufalbum
ufalbum

Search
Posted: 12-May-2019 16:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Nice feature!

The possibilties are title,comment,name,creator,keywords,photodata
But what to enter in the search field if the search expression (e.g.) should only contain a part of the file name?
Very often my filenames are like e.g. date_mdxxx (xxx = number). How can i search only for files which contain mdxxx? Do I have to use a kind of regular expression?

Regards
Laza

Re: Search
Posted: 13-May-2019 10:24   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

No, regular expressions are not handled. You should search for date_mdxxx, as the search finds partial matches only in the word beginning to avoid loads of irrelevant results.
ufalbum

Posted: 13-May-2019 11:44   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza,

I understand that search strings only match if they can be found at the beginning of the target, e.g. filename, title etc to avoid a lot of irrelevant results. Regular expressions would be fine, but sure, most people wouldn't be able to handle it. A proposal for a compromise: Possible use of a wildcard at the beginning of the string, e.g. *md400? Is such a solution possible?

Regards
Ulli
ufalbum

Posted: 13-May-2019 12:34   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza,
please search for '450. Montagsdemo' (without quotation marks) in
https://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/s21_act/album/index.html
The search string is the beginning of the title of a subfolder.
You will find a lot of irrelevant results! Why?
Regards
Ulli
Laza

Posted: 13-May-2019 14:01   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Because without quotes it's an OR search: 450 or Montagsdemo - the same as with Google searches.
ufalbum

Posted: 13-May-2019 14:27   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Searching "450. Montagsdemo": 1 image is found, which has a comment, containing this string. An existing folder's title containing this string is not found. Does the search find only images?
In my case, that would be regrettable because the folder contains the search term as a title. How should I or my guests look for a folder in a large, nested album?
Laza

Posted: 13-May-2019 15:44   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

It supposed to find folders too. I suspect the "." character is the culprit here. I'll check.
ufalbum

Posted: 18-May-2019 08:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza,
the same in Tiger skin. The search finds only images which contain the string "450. Montagsdemo" but not a folder's name, title or comment with that string. It seems so that the '.' is the culprit, because "Montagsdemo" works, see the tiger album:
https://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/s21_act_tiger/album/index.html

The construct "Number. Text" is essential at least in German, because it is used like the English "20th century", or the "100th festival".

Greetings
Ulli

Edited by: ufalbum on 18-May-2019 09:17
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums