This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 04-Apr-2019 14:40 Last Post By: wbelvin
wbelvin

Re: Alt Tag
Posted: 04-Apr-2019 13:06   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I usually keep the title field short such as such as "Senior Rowing River" whereas in the comment field I use a fuller description such as "Active senior man in a regatta rowing shell on the Thames". The ALT tag currently looks like "Senior Rowing River Active senior man in a regatta rowing shell on the Thames" which contains some duplication and without a period or dash between the title and comment seems awkward.

By not including the title I can exactly control what's in the alt tag. That said, I can work with including both but there would be some repetition.

Edited by: wbelvin on 04-Apr-2019 13:15
jGromit

Posted: 04-Apr-2019 14:25   in response to: wbelvin in response to: wbelvin
Helpful
wbelvin wrote:
The ALT tag currently looks like "Senior Rowing River Active senior man in a regatta rowing shell on the Thames" which contains some duplication and without a period or dash between the title and comment seems awkward.

Since this text is never displayed, "awkward" doesn't really matter, does it? Search engines don't issue "style points."
wbelvin

Posted: 04-Apr-2019 14:40   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Agreed but a screen reader would find it awkward. Of course I am much more interested in SEO than screen readers.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums