This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Feb-2019 14:58 Last Post By: Laza
PatrickG

Position of caption
Posted: 24-Feb-2019 13:08

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is it posssible to change the position of the caption relative to the image? My captions appear too far beneath the image for my liking and I would like to close the gap between them. Can this be done?

Thanks
jGromit

Re: Position of caption
Posted: 24-Feb-2019 14:05   in response to: PatrickG in response to: PatrickG

In a word, no. The caption is positioned relative to the viewport, i.e., the browser window. It's simply anchored to the bottom of the screen. It doesn't know or care how large the image is.

It sounds like the real problem is that you're using original images that are too small and/or using image bounds that are too small. With sufficiently large images, the image will be shown as large as it can be, given the size of the viewport, and the caption will be directly beneath it.
Laza

Re: Position of caption
Posted: 25-Feb-2019 14:58   in response to: PatrickG in response to: PatrickG

Another thing to consider: PDF files, panorama images, 360 VR images will not work when captions added beneath them. I know most users simply use JPG files, but I have to make an universal solution.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums