This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Jan-2019 17:28 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
hp-bilder

Shared Album
Posted: 05-Jan-2019 19:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

i have tested the feature to allow adding images via EMail. For each image sent to the album, i get multiple confirmation mails, there where 5 confirmations for the first image, 6 for the second and the same number of notifications of new image uploads.

Also, the titel contains strange (html?) code, e.g. "..." Test " ..."

Another (minor) issue: the confirmation mail for the up-loader is in english, is this configurable?

Bug or my fault?

Is there an alternate way of allowing others to add images, i.e. web upload without EMail?

HP
RobM

Re: Shared Album
Posted: 05-Jan-2019 21:36   in response to: hp-bilder in response to: hp-bilder

The multiple email messages seems to be a bug, so I'll move this to the bugs forum.
It only happens for multiple images in an email, a single image generates just the two expected emails - confirmation of it being sent and another when it is received.

The mail subject field will contain the name of the album, so if you used 'Test' that is correct.

I don't think the emails can be configured for different languages.

Alternative method:
You could use Dropbox or similar, create a shared Dropbox folder and point jAlbum to that folder when creating your project (click on 'More' in the new project dialog window). Then when others add images to the shared Dropbox folder jAlbum will see them the next time you load your project.
hp-bilder

Posted: 06-Jan-2019 19:36   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I had just one image in my mails - however i also had a signature so the body was not empty. Maybe this confuses the server. If needed, i can forward the mails as PM (don't want to attach them here, too large).

HP
AnCa

Posted: 07-Jan-2019 17:28   in response to: hp-bilder in response to: hp-bilder

Strange... I found your two emails and they look pretty plain... You can forward the confirmation emails to me (anders@jalbum.net) so I can check them.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums