This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jun-2018 20:35 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rfm2

Relative positions of info text and nav bar
Posted: 28-May-2018 00:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment screen-shot.jpg (141.5 KB)
Using Matrix 15 and jAlbum 15.4 At some future revision of Matrix would you consider an option to reverse the position of the top info text and the nav boxes? The particular way I use the top info text, having it positioned below the nav boxes makes it more obviously related to the thumbnail table (see attachment). I realize many users (maybe most) would prefer it as it is between the title bar and the nav boxes, and I can always switch the sequence in the index.htt file (as I did for the attachment) . Just a thought to add to the 1000+ options you already have in case others might have a need for the option. Thanks.
jGromit

Re: Relative positions of info text and nav bar
Posted: 28-May-2018 14:28   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

I'll put it on the list for the next release. It's a fairly easy fiddle, and I've got one other nagging problem to address while I'm at it.

It has to wait for the new PC to arrive - my primary development machine suffered a horrible death, and I'm now down to an aging Macbook Air.
rfm2

Posted: 28-May-2018 18:05   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Great. I was almost embarrassed to ask for yet another feature in the face of already having more features than I can grasp or use.
jGromit

Posted: 12-Jun-2018 16:07   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Attachment Matrix.jaskin (1.3 MB)
Here's a beta version that I think does what you want. The setting is under Matrix > Code > Top Info - checkbox below the text entry field (with a similar choice for bottom info).
rfm2

Posted: 14-Jun-2018 19:44   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Sorry that I just noticed your response with the beta version of Matrix with the options for the code entry placements. The top info is exactly what I wanted. Out of curiosity, I tried the bottom info option, but I didn't see any change in placement. That may be because I don't use any kind of navigation at the bottom, so I wasn't sure what the option would do. Perhaps mentioning what the bottom info option would do would help others who might have a need for it, but the top info change is great for my purpose.

Thanks.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Jun-2018 20:35   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Yes, the bottom info option would show a difference only if you chose to place some of your navigation below the thumbnails. For example, I often place the Prev/Up/Next above the thumbnails, but put links to external sites below them.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums