Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 7 Apr 18, 19:54 Last Post By: JeffTucker
hanso

Wordpress jAlbum Bridge plugin
Posted: 6 Apr 18, 11:54
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
The rumours were there for several month, Laza is working wonders again, now with a Wordpress plugin.

I received the first public announcement yesterday and, as the combination Wordpress and Jalbum is used a lot by me, tested this.

I found this a welcome addition to my toolset!
It allows a more visible pleasing way to give access to a Jalbum webpage.
It is not a complete jalbum into the Wordpress world integration, more a showcase and access to a jalbum project.

It is still a rough first version I suppose, the plugin homepage is not up yet, help is incomplete http://www.your-site-here.com/jalbum-bridge/jalbum-bridge-tutorial/
Laza will without doubt make it better soon!

First experiment turned into production, seen here: http://reizen.hansotten.nl/home/noord-europa/italie/north-italy/san-gimignano/

Some tips for the starter:

1. You need the latest Jalbum to generate a .json file for every skin, I still use Turtle a lot.
The option is in Album Settings - Advanced - General - Generate JSON data
2. Generate the album and upload to your website, now with the .JSON file on the website.
Make a note of the complete url to the ulpoaded album webpage.
3. Install the Jalbum Bridge plugin in Wordpress and Activate it. No general settings are
required.
4. In Wordpress add a page or post andhave the editor in Visual mode. With some luck (it is
hit and miss now) a Jalbum Box button will be added to the WP Edit button bar (I use
WP Edit plugin as editor).
5. Position the cursor where you want the Album box. Press the button Jalbum box and fill
in with the fill in form, the url is required, the rest is optional.
Many options are available. Not all will deliver something usable. What worked for me in
the example above is:

[jalbum_bridge albumurl="http://reizen.hansotten.nl/uploads/europa/italie/northitaly/sangimignano" ordering="original" transition="crossfade" titletemplate="<h2>${title|name}</h2>" titlestyle="transparent" captiontemplate="" /] 

6. If you want to change something, just position the cursor somewhere in the code and press the Jabum box button, Do not select the code, or it will not pick it up as edit but create a new 'projector'.

Nice!

Edited by: hanso on 06-Apr-2018 12:32
AndreWolff

Re: Wordpress jAlbum Bridge plugin
Posted: 6 Apr 18, 14:48   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso
Hans, I don't use Wordpress, so I can't test this new tool., therefore I have next question:

Is what I initially see in Wordpress independent of the used skin?
You see the skin layout only if click on the image and the album is opened in a new page?

If the answer is twice yes, does this mean that you can use any type of skin?
davidekholm

Posted: 6 Apr 18, 16:09   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Hans, I don't use Wordpress, so I can't test this new tool., therefore I have next question:

Is what I initially see in Wordpress independent of the used skin?
You see the skin layout only if click on the image and the album is opened in a new page?

If the answer is twice yes, does this mean that you can use any type of skin?

Yes, yes and yes. If you don't have Wordpress, see here: http://www.your-site-here.com/dev/bridge/
hanso

Posted: 6 Apr 18, 17:08   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Andre,

The box or Projector as Laza calls it is using images from the skin url, but is independent of the skin itself.

You can even prevent clicking on the images going to the album itself. Of limited use as album presentation in Wordpress since the number of images in the Projector is limited to 12 or so, for me this limit might be lifted!..

Any skin should work, since the latest core Jalbum now generates the .JSON file in the root of the album (if set in Album Settings).

David already answered the question about standalone,its easy to do with a couple of lines of code if you follow the help link David gave.

Edited by: hanso on 06-Apr-2018 17:27
hanso

Posted: 7 Apr 18, 17:35   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso
Another tip!

On the image a pointer in a box (blue in my case) is shown after the Title.

Minimalist as I am, I dont want that.

Easy to kill (with a sledge hammer I fear).

In the Wordpress plugin directory (wp-content/plugins/jalbum-bridge/img is a file called externallink.svg. Delete that file and the ponterthingie is gone (after the cache of the file in the browser and/or Wordpress is gone also ..)

It wil be back I suppose after an update to the plugin ;) or Laza will make it an option?

Edited by: hanso on 07-Apr-2018 17:43
RobM

Posted: 7 Apr 18, 19:34   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso
hanso wrote:
Another tip!

On the image a pointer in a box (blue in my case) is shown after the Title.

Minimalist as I am, I dont want that.

Easy to kill (with a sledge hammer I fear).

In the Wordpress plugin directory (wp-content/plugins/jalbum-bridge/img is a file called externallink.svg. Delete that file and the ponterthingie is gone (after the cache of the file in the browser and/or Wordpress is gone also ..)

It wil be back I suppose after an update to the plugin ;) or Laza will make it an option?

Edited by: hanso on 07-Apr-2018 17:43

Deleting the image will result in missing resource errors in the browser as the page will still try to load them. You really need to delete the calling code as well.
hanso

Posted: 7 Apr 18, 19:45   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Yea, you are right.

Its in the jalbum.css, line with background. ....
Removed that, better ;)

Edited by: hanso on 07-Apr-2018 19:51
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Apr 18, 19:47   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Attachment empty.svg (211 bytes)
RobM wrote:
Deleting the image will result in missing resource errors in the browser as the page will still try to load them. You really need to delete the calling code as well.

Or if you just want to be sneaky, and not fill your site logs with 404's, replace externallink.svg with an empty SVG file with the same name. I believe that renaming the attached file, which contains a basic SVG tag, but with no content, will do the trick.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Apr 18, 19:54   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso
hanso wrote:
Its in the jalbum.css, line with background. ....
Removed that, better ;)

Yes, if it's in the CSS, it's easy to get rid of the call. Things get messier when something is being called from within some impenetrable, compressed Javascript file.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums