This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 38 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] - Last Post: 28 Mar 18, 10:46 Last Post By: davidekholm
ctwist

Re: Getting the slide image for a folder
Posted: 27 Mar 18, 02:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Yes, if jAlbum can generate the image, that is the more robust solution.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 06:04   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
You need to replace...

I've always been a bit vague on some of the filter application stuff. Doesn't ALL include CLOSEUPS? Why would you need to apply both?

Even though I won't be using this, I'm going to stash some of it. I'm sure it will come up again, in some other context.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 06:33   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
Yes, if jAlbum can generate the image, that is the more robust solution.

That also means I don't have to mess with things like isDirty() and EmbeddedProperties, to avoid regenerating the "extra" slide image on every build, nor do I need to delete a folderimage.jpg that isn't needed, if the user changes the album structure.
ctwist

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 14:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

It's been a few years since I looked into this. I discovered the correct techniques by trial and error. At this point, I don't remember the details.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 14:57   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
I discovered the correct techniques by trial and error.

A familiar road. ;)

In my exploration of the imagePath variable, I've covered several sheets of paper with little "truth tables," as I've tried to sort out the permutations and combinations. Things get really interesting when you combine Link to originals with/without Force JPEG writing and PNG's and GIF's. Truly a journey of discovery.
davidekholm

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 17:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes, this is the messiest part of jAlbum. One would need a "should be" vs "is" comparison of various input and output in order to tackle it, then set up the "should be" as an extensive unit test and then rewrite that method from scratch.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Mar 18, 17:34   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Tricky to do without breaking some skins. I wonder how many skin developers have, in effect, "coded to the bugs."

In this case, a core fix wouldn't break what I'm doing in the skin. At worst, the skin would then be doing a little extra processing that wasn't needed any longer. But it wouldn't produce a broken album. I'm not as sure about some of my other skins....
Laza

Posted: 28 Mar 18, 09:25   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Historically I had several tweaks to get the proper results. Here's an XLS from 2012, made for Turtle. Perhaps things has changed since.
davidekholm

Posted: 28 Mar 18, 10:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Historically I had several tweaks to get the proper results. Here's an XLS from 2012, made for Turtle. Perhaps things has changed since.

Ah, there we have that one. I was looking for it!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums