This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Mar-2018 06:47 Last Post By: jGromit
swoose

Allow Album "common" settings to be stored in a user-selectable folder
Posted: 02-Mar-2018 03:55

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In preferences, it is possible to select the Projects Directory and the Output Directory but it is not possible to select where Album Preferences (.jap) are stored.

I have common settings that I would like to be automatically picked-up for all albums, these include:
  • Social Media settings
  • Header, body and other html
  • and other settings

Rather than having to copy/paste from one album to another, I would appreciate being able to store common settings into a single location that I specify.
jGromit

Re: Allow Album "common" settings to be stored in a user-selectable folder
Posted: 02-Mar-2018 06:28   in response to: swoose in response to: swoose

You can already do almost all of that.

If you choose File > Save as Default, the current settings will apply to any new album project you create. That includes the choice of skin.

If you choose File > Save as Skin Default, the current settings will apply to any new album project you create with the currently-selected skin. So, you can save defaults for Tiger, defaults for Saturn, defaults for Minimal, and so on.

These settings are currently saved to your configuration directory. That's a fixed location at present, and not easily changeable.
swoose

Posted: 02-Mar-2018 06:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks - new user so still asking stupid questions!

May I please have a follow-on stupid question?

I have ticked Facebook in the Social>Share On settings, but it doesn't display when Share is selected, all the others I selected are shown...
jGromit

Posted: 02-Mar-2018 06:43   in response to: swoose in response to: swoose
Helpful
swoose wrote:
I have ticked Facebook in the Social>Share On settings, but it doesn't display when Share is selected, all the others I selected are shown...

That's skin-specific, and I don't generally "do" the social media stuff (not included in any of my own skins), but if it's Tiger, the Facebook share will show at the album level, but not for individual images. I believe that's because Facebook has made it virtually impossible to share at the image level.
swoose

Posted: 02-Mar-2018 06:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks - it works at album level but not image as you identified...oh well :)
jGromit

Posted: 02-Mar-2018 06:47   in response to: swoose in response to: swoose

And BTW, not stupid questions at all. There's a lot of stuff buried in the settings and preferences. There are some choices that are truly tough to find. Profile page privacy settings, for example, don't appear until you're actually in the process of doing an upload.

Even after a decade, I still sometimes have to hunt around a little for something that I'm sure is there, somewhere. ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums