This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28-Feb-2018 18:54 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
bbogart

BananAlbum: update from v6.1.4 ? will it work on Android
Posted: 28-Feb-2018 17:19

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a website that is from 2010 using v6.1.4 and Bananalbum skin (at least that is what I think, not 100% sure, it's 8 years ago). It no longer works on Android devices. If I upgrade to v7.1 will it now work on Android devices? I poked around but could not find a definitive statement. Thanks.

Edited by: jGromit on 28-Feb-2018 12:32, to add skin to thread title
davidekholm

Re: update from v6.1.4 ? will it work on Android
Posted: 28-Feb-2018 17:56   in response to: bbogart in response to: bbogart

For good results on mobile devices, go for the current jAlbum version and a responsive skin, for instance the new default skin Tiger.
jGromit

Re: BananAlbum: update from v6.1.4 ? will it work on Android
Posted: 28-Feb-2018 18:36   in response to: bbogart in response to: bbogart

BananAlbum 6.x and earlier produced Flash albums, which won't work on any mobile device, and, increasingly, won't work in many desktop browsers. Flash is dead.

BananAlbum 7 produces non-Flash albums, which should work OK on mobiles. But you're going to find that the settings options are almost all gone. You can choose a light or dark background, but that's about it. So if you like the way it looks, fine, but if you don't, you won't be able to change it.

So, install it and try it. There's nothing irrevocable about it - you can always reinstall the old version.
jGromit

Re: BananAlbum: update from v6.1.4 ? will it work on Android
Posted: 28-Feb-2018 18:54   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

(Thread moved to BananAlbum forum section.)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums