This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Feb-2018 15:13 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mikebriley

Problem with incorporating code into MatrixSlide
Posted: 10-Jan-2018 18:54

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment index.html (3.0 KB)
Attachment menu_array.js (5.4 KB)
Attachment mmenu.js (24.6 KB)
Attachment index.html (1.8 KB)
Hi, I'm trying to configure your excellent skin MatrixSlide to integrate into my upcoming website. I want to have a control panel above the image with links to different parts of the site (about me etc). This is something I've done elsewhere with your Matrix skin but this time I don't want thumbnails. The problem I have with MatrixSlide is that the control panel (from my inserted code) shows up perfectly but the links in it do not work - it doesn't recognize the links. Any ideas?
I attach
the index file produced by the skin
the two files indicated in the code
the index file of my site

Thanks for your help

PS.my site is one line (using a work around for the moment) at mikebrileyphotos.com
jGromit

Re: Problem with incorporating code into MatrixSlide
Posted: 10-Jan-2018 20:51   in response to: mikebriley in response to: mikebriley

This is fundamentally a z-index problem - the Javascript-generated CSS of MatrixSlide is colliding with the Javascript-generated CSS of your menu system. Both scripts are trying to control what appears on the page, but neither knows about the other.

I think I know how to work around this, but I'm just heading out for a while, so I'll have to return to it later.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Jan-2018 22:33   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, I've got a working demo: (demo removed - user apparently wasn't serious about wanting to do this)

Alas, because the skin isn't built to allow insertion of <body> material (since the page body is always hidden), and because jAlbum doesn't recognize Javascript files as valid album objects, there are a couple of manual steps required after album generation, things that just can't be saved with the project and automated.

Under MatrixSlide > Code > HTML Head, enter this:
<script>hs.zIndexCounter=10; hs.marginTop=65;</script>
Now generate the album, and open the output directory - Tools, Open Directories, Output directory. At the top level, edit index.html. Between the opening <body> tag and the <div class='mx-hidden-container'> lines insert:
<div><script src='res/menu_array.js'></script>
<script src='res/mmenu.js'></script></div>
Don't add the language or type attributes - those are relics of HTML4, and MatrixSlide is HTML5.

Last but not least, open the res subdirectory of the output, and copy your two menu script files into it - menu_array.js and mmenu.js.

Because this is all an offense against god and man, there are some MatrixSlide options that are fundamentally at odds with this, and can't be used:

• Don't tell MatrixSlide to display the title bar.
  • If you're going to show a thumbstrip, stick to one of the horizontal bottom options.
  • For the image controls (Prev/Next), stick to the text type at the bottom, or the graphic type relative to the image.
  • If you include background music, keep the music controls at the bottom somewhere.

Edited by: jGromit on 21-Feb-2018 09:12
jGromit

Posted: 18-Jan-2018 00:57   in response to: mikebriley in response to: mikebriley

You're welcome.

(Adds this username to the list....)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums