This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 33 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] - Last Post: 23-Nov-2015 02:26 Last Post By: jimberry
MarkusD

Re: Work flow from taking the picture to an album
Posted: 22-Nov-2015 00:17   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Click to reply to this thread Reply
AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
Norge
The Google Translation is still not an option for me. ;-)
Lucky enough I can still use The Google Tranlator to translate your website in Dutch, see the screen-shot. The result is OK, but because it is not build in your album I have to translate each page via a new command, very inconvenient!
In this matter I would call myself as stubborn as a mule. ;-) Google=Evil. ;-)

I can't prevent anyone to use Google Translate on my site, but I'll never include any Google service in my site, that's for sure. ;-)
JeffTucker

Posted: 22-Nov-2015 00:22   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
Google=Evil. ;-)

When you let theology cloud your technical judgment, you're asking for trouble.

Use the best tool for the job. You don't have to love the company that makes the tool.
MarkusD

Posted: 22-Nov-2015 01:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
Google=Evil. ;-)

When you let theology cloud your technical judgment, you're asking for trouble.

That was just a play on the words from Google, they said Don't be evil, didn't they? ;-)

Use the best tool for the job. You don't have to love the company that makes the tool.
Hmm, I understand what you mean by that, and I agree in general. But I try to reduce using Google tools (I used Google Earth for some years, to make screen shots for my journeys), because in my opinion their privacy policies are not user friendly. In German we use the word Datenkrake (Translation) for companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, because they are soaking user data as part of their core business. I'm getting a little off-topic here. ;-)
jimberry

Posted: 23-Nov-2015 02:25   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Lucky enough I can still use The Google Tranlator to translate your website in Dutch, see the screen-shot. The result is OK, but because it is not build in your album I have to translate each page via a new command, very inconvenient!
If you use Chrome or Chromium, you can easily translate any web page using the right-click options, but I would be very cautious about using the Translate widget on my pages for those who use other bowsers - that would suggest my own endorsement of the resulting translations.
Any perusal of the Google translations provided for recent other language posts in this forum would suggest how dangerous that could be.
I am glad that I can leave the other 89 translations for the Google Translator plug-in!
If you could proofread those 89 translations to confirm whether they are sufficiently true to the intended reading, then fine, but otherwise it seems unwise to trust an unmonitored MT solution.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums