This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10 Mar 23, 14:13 Last Post By: mr-pestle
mr-pestle

No control buttons appearing in my album - GroovyRuntimeException
Posted: 10 Mar 23, 00:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have been happily using the Story skin until yesterday when a new album would not show any control buttons (left / right /download image / print image etc) When an image is clicked on it opens and the only way to navigate away from it is to use the browser back button.
I have just upgraded JAlbum from 30.03 to 30.10 in the hope it would solve the problem but it's still there

I have just looked at the Console and have noticed this error
Caused by: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Conflicting module versions. Module [groovy-jsr223 is loaded in version 4.0.4 and you are trying to load version 4.0.6

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: Exception java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Maybe a Manjaro update has caused the problem? Last time I had a problem with Java and the Dev team kindly sent me a new JRE package compiled for JAlbum to resolve it.

Cheers

Andy
JeffTucker

Re: No control buttons appearing in my album - GroovyRuntimeException
Posted: 10 Mar 23, 01:04   in response to: mr-pestle in response to: mr-pestle

Interesting, because the Story skin doesn't use the Groovy scripting language at all.

Try this: open the system console (F7), and in the top box, switch from Groovy to BeanShell. Shut down jAlbum, restart it, and see what happens. Pay attention to any warning icon in the lower right corner.
mr-pestle

Re: No control buttons appearing in my album - GroovyRuntimeException
Posted: 10 Mar 23, 14:13   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you - followed your advice and although I could see no errors there were still no navigation buttons / ability to swipe left and right etc.

I booted up a copy of Ubuntu and made the album from the same "My JAlbum albums" .jap and everything worked as it should so I think it's a configuration issue with Manjaro.

My Java environment is "java-19-openjdk (default)" but I believe the JRE needed for JAlbum needs to be compiled for it specifically? As Manjaro is Arch based I have to download "JAlbum for anything" which does not have the JRE with it.

I don't think I should have posted this a skin issue?
I think I'll have to asks the Devs for a new JRE?

Cheers
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums