This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23 Jun 22, 12:44 Last Post By: davidekholm
timmyleeturner

Upload errors
Posted: 22 Jun 22, 19:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I used to get similar errors when attempting to upload an album,and I adjusted the number of connection down and that worked for a while. Started getting these errors now, and normally I simply upload again using smart upload and problem solved, now the message just pops back up again.
what does this mean? The odd thing is the album seems in tact, but of course I can't check the entire thing as it's near 4K files.
http://www.hallettfotoshoppe.com/MidAmericaFordShelby48/

Thanks

info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 500 Unknown command
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.createDirectory(FtpAdapter.java:230)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.createDirectory(RemoteFSBean.java:258)
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor255.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:520)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy12.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.UploadBean.uploadAlbum(UploadBean.java:814)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2053)
Caused by: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 500 Unknown command
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1308)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.mkdir(FTPClient.java:4227)
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.createDirectory(FtpAdapter.java:228)
... 8 more

JeffTucker

Re: Upload errors
Posted: 22 Jun 22, 19:06   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
Helpful
I'll retitle this thread and move it. The skin plays no role in the uploading process, so this isn't a Turtle problem. It's an uploading issue.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 22 Jun 22, 19:12   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Sorry about that, thanks. I read to post the skin name first.
JeffTucker

Posted: 22 Jun 22, 19:26   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

timmyleeturner wrote:
Sorry about that, thanks. I read to post the skin name first.

Only if it's a skin problem. This isn't.

Tough to sort out, but I see that your website is using a secure protocol - in other words, https instead of http. To me, that means that you should also be able to use SFTP to do the uploading, instead of regular FTP, and I've found that doing that often cures odd problems like this.

Alas, it appears that your web host is somewhat behind the curve on implementing SFTP, and still requires you to establish a key to use SFTP. You can at least try it, however. In jAlbum go to the upload manager - Tools > Upload/Manage. For the uploading profile for your host, make note of the current settings. Then, in the Type box, change to SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol. Hit the Advanced button, and enter 2222 for the Port.

Now try to connect to your host. If it fails, retreat to the original settings, and contact your web host for help setting up SFTP.

If it does work, you'll need to remark the web root. On the server, navigate to the directory that holds your site - it should be public_html. Then click the Mark as web root icon, the little folder with a globe on its corner (sixth from the left).
timmyleeturner

Posted: 22 Jun 22, 19:38   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I remember going through all that some time ago, I still have a InMotion SFTP Configuration set up using a key and port 2222, but I don't recall why it gave me problems and won't connect using my key, so I just went back to what worked.. I'll revisit it as soon as I get some time, thanks.
Tim
davidekholm

Posted: 23 Jun 22, 12:44   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

Try use sftp if you can. The error message:
500 Unknown command
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.createDirectory(FtpAdapter.java:230)
tells me that the ftp server didn't accept the make directory command, for some mysterious reason. It reports the command as "Unknown". First, try using sftp, it's a better protocol than ftp. If you can't then switch to "ftp (ftp4j)", that will make jAlbum use another ftp client library for the upload. It may be more compatible with your ftp server.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums