This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 Jun 22, 23:47 Last Post By: kuip-je
kuip-je

Moving albums to Jupiter
Posted: 21 Jun 22, 22:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

Last month I moved from the Matrix (custom) skin to Jupiter (custom). What a great skin!

Now I'm adapting all my albums, and I have one question:

Adapting an album I delete all the pictures in it (because made in Matrix), change Matrix into Jupiter, and check the settings, Then I add the pictures again.
That's a lot of work, and suddenly I thought, maybe that deleting and adding again would be unnessary...
Is that right?

Greetz,
Mary
JeffTucker

Re: Moving albums to Jupiter
Posted: 21 Jun 22, 22:42   in response to: kuip-je in response to: kuip-je

There's no reason to delete and re-add the images. In fact, doing that wipes out whatever titles and comments you've entered, so you're better off leaving the images alone. Between the jAlbum core and the skin, unnecessary output files will be removed, and newly-generated files created, as needed.

Glad you like Jupiter, but I'm surprised you've chosen that one. To me, the natural progression has always been Matrix -> Saturn (both "lightbox" skins, with similar thumbnail layouts), or Gromit -> Jupiter (both "slide page" skins, with similar thumbnail layouts). But whatever works for you!
JeffTucker

Posted: 21 Jun 22, 22:48   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

There is one file that Matrix will leave behind, and that the newer skins won't get rid of. Not a big deal, but after making the album with the new skin, you can open the output directory - Tools > Open Directories > Output directory - and delete any occurrences of mx-theme.jpg. There might be one in each folder of the album, too.

The new theme images will be called ja-theme.jpg, and you should leave those alone!
kuip-je

Posted: 21 Jun 22, 23:07   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thnx, I already wondered what I was doing ;-)

The reason for my choice for Jupiter was because of your own advice when I wrote I did like the navigation possibilities of Matrix.

But experiencing with Jupiter I was very surprised by the whole appearance. It feels as if I have a complete new website!
JeffTucker

Posted: 21 Jun 22, 23:20   in response to: kuip-je in response to: kuip-je

Ah, yes. To be able to go directly to a specific slide image, a "slide page" skin like Jupiter or Mercury makes things much simpler.

The "look" of the newer skins is more in keeping with current design preferences - Mercury more so than Jupiter, which is a little more "old school."

Another big difference is that the current skins work much better on mobile devices like tablets and phones.
kuip-je

Posted: 21 Jun 22, 23:26   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you! I will delete the mx-theme (s).
kuip-je

Posted: 21 Jun 22, 23:47   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

And Jupiters numbered link list!
I'm very glad that the skin is working so good on phones, that makes it much easier
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums