This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 May 21, 01:37 Last Post By: JeffTucker
al-j

Comment Widget Button color problem
Posted: 19 May 21, 00:30

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good Day All -

The button that you click on to post comments is the same color as the text used to label it. (Please see sample page https://al-j.net ). Any way I can fix it? Thanks for any help.
JeffTucker

Re: Comment Widget Button color problem
Posted: 19 May 21, 00:36   in response to: al-j in response to: al-j

Attachment ss008492.png (14.8 KB)
Just to clarify, the OP is, I believe, referring to the jAlbum commenting widget (it's not part of the skin), and the box that's labeled Post Comment. The text is virtually invisible. See screenshot.

I suspect the skin is getting "clever" about doing some widget styling, but is missing a setting.
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 May 21, 00:47   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Correct
Found the problem. The skin's own CSS has a color for button, but it's not limited to the skin's own buttons. It's cascading down to the widget's button. Might be very tricky to correct the skin so that it's not generating CSS that spills over like this.

Adding this to Projector > Advanced > Custom code > CSS will, I believe, fix the problem:
#jalbum-submit {color: black;}
al-j

Posted: 19 May 21, 00:49   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply - Out of curiosity I put your screen shot under a magnifying glass and believe it or not the "Post Comment" text IS there but its the same off color white as the text I am using in my album.
al-j

Posted: 19 May 21, 01:03   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Added your CSS but it didn't correct problem. Not going to lose any sleep over it. It should be obvious to anyone what the button is for.

Thanks for your help.

Al-J
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 May 21, 01:06   in response to: al-j in response to: al-j

I'm looking at your album, and the code hasn't been added. Make sure you're putting it in the right place.

And, as always, refresh your browser cache.

ETA: In fact, I just tested it with a small album, and it does work.
al-j

Posted: 19 May 21, 01:33   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

MY APPOLOGIES JEFF

Your solution works perfectly. (It apparently doesn't save or upload to my server by itself. :-)

Thanks again for your expertise

Al-J
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 May 21, 01:37   in response to: al-j in response to: al-j

al-j wrote:
(It apparently doesn't save or upload to my server by itself. :-)

We need to get David to work on that. And it shouldn't have to wait for you to change settings - it should anticipate what you want! ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums