This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 5 Dec 20, 09:08 Last Post By: Laza
PhilippeCharles

Projector - Request for new function - Single launch of multiple folders
Posted: 22 Nov 20, 14:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am currently working on a new Projector album, that will be a "best of" my travel photos. In addition to the classical manual navigation folder by folder, I would like to add the posibility to launch all folders one after the other.

https://philippecharles.jalbum.net/BestOf%20Travel/

Questions:
1) Is this feature technically possible (e.g. due to the computer/Internet safety limitations)?
2) Is this feature related to jAlbum in general ? or to the skin?
3) Does this feature already exist (didn't found it yet)?
4) Does this feature require some HTML5 or json coding?

Thank you for your feedback.
JeffTucker

Re: Projector - Request for new function - Single launch of multiple folders
Posted: 22 Nov 20, 14:54   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Doesn't this setting do that? Projector > Lightbox > Main image > Behavior > After the last image: Next folder's first image
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 22 Nov 20, 23:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks Jeff,
This is a good hint indeed, I will try.
Ideally, it would be good to let the user choose between "manual" navigation, or "auto" by chaining the folders.
Laza

Posted: 23 Nov 20, 09:06   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

You can choose between linking to neighboring folders or no link. What would be the "manual" and "auto" mode you mentioned?
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 23 Nov 20, 23:48   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks Laza for your response.

My idea was to give people the choice between:
1) A "manual" navigation by selecting the folder you want > this is the default navigation with projector.
2) An "automatic" navigation, with e.g. a separate command or specific folder selection called "view all" which will link all folders one after one.
Laza

Posted: 24 Nov 20, 08:41   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Which of the two?

1. Completely flat structure: all images appear in the thumbnails panel and the gallery starts with this flat album

2. Link one folder after the other: you start with the folders album, but then when you navigate to a subfolder and view the pictures it jumps automatically to the next folder after reaching the last one. The same happens during a slideshow.

Option 2 is what I suggested above.
JeffTucker

Posted: 24 Nov 20, 12:50   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I think PhilippeCharles is asking for a way for the site visitor to choose which kind of slideshow he wants to see.

But IMO, if you have to provide a lot of instructions to the visitor about how to use the album, it's probably too complicated, and you should think twice about doing it. ;)
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 4 Dec 20, 23:59   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff is right: this is about the user choice.

As this album will include photos from multiple countries/towns, of course not everyone would be willing to see all photos.
So the user may choose between "cheery picking" (manual navigation) or looking at all photos as a single slide show (thus without having to manually select each and every folders).

An idea would be to add a folder "View all", that calls all photos in the same order?
Laza

Posted: 5 Dec 20, 09:08   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

I still don't understand why linking folders is good? When the user clicks the next button on the last photo of folder 1, the fist photo of the next folder will come. What is the problem with this method? (The link works backwards too.)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums