This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Oct 20, 15:55 Last Post By: kilobravo
kilobravo

Tiger - Force Remake Not Working
Posted: 17 Oct 20, 15:43

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've searched and searched for this and couldn't find anything so I'm going to guess that is once again, operator error. But, for whatever reason, I cannot get JA + Tiger to Force Remake. Doing so yields an immediate Preview window and changes made did not occur. I've tried editing images or changing comments but nothing seems to trigger the remake.

Edited by: kilobravo on 17-Oct-2020 15:43
RobM

Re: Tiger - Force Remake Not Working
Posted: 17 Oct 20, 16:45   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

Are you really doing a force remake?
If so, hold down the Alt/Opt key and click on the preview icon, that will open the album in your default browser. Still not sure, try opening the output folder and check the modified time.

If just doing a normal make ensure you have process subdirectories checked and process only updated directories off

As a last resort, to force a complete rebuild you can delete the output and just do an ordinary make.
kilobravo

Posted: 18 Oct 20, 01:00   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, I am certain that I did a Force Remake. Shut down JA, did a few other things, fired it up again and did another. This time it worked. (I had done this twice before with negative results.) Tried the same thing on my other album and it worked normally. I don't have a clue but for now, I guess I'm back to normal.

Thanks
RobM

Posted: 18 Oct 20, 10:50   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

If you get any more problems, and especially if you have not had a clean install for a while, try jGromit’s patented cure-all methodology for reinstalling jAlbum
kilobravo

Posted: 18 Oct 20, 15:55   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks, Rob, I will save that ref for potential future use.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums