Very odd - in your screenshot, the logo in the top left corner is definitely not the jAlbum frog. Looks like the Linux penguin.
In any event, give it another shot. Follow the instructions in this thread. Do not skip any of the steps. Don't try to second-guess any of it ("Oh, I don't need to do that...."). You need to do a thorough uninstall, more than the usual Windows routine provides. This thread describes all of the things that need to be cleared out.
Got it fixed.
I renammed the folder C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum so that jAlbum would not use it. I restarted jAlbum (which I had installed before) and it started normally. I simply gave it my user name and password and it logged in. I will simply re-installed the various skins I used and other adjustment .
There was something in there that was creating the problem. I dont know what.
Thank you for your help.
But I'd love to know which item was causing the problem. My re-installation instructions include emptying the ext and lib folders from the config directory, but none of the others. If you still have that renamed folder, please let us know what was in the other folders, like bin and plugins. The skins folder almost can't be the culprit, but it would be interesting to know if something other than skin files was in there.
In fact, if you could zip up the renamed folder and upload it here, it would be very helpful.
I have 3 directories.
I have a directory in there that is named "bin" and includes a file named "ffmpeg.exe". I suppose this is OK.
I dont think it is in the "skins" directory because I had tried starting with various .jap file with diferent skin and the result was the same. I had 10 skins directories.
Nothing in the "dictionaries" folder.
Five files named, albumv13.rrs to albumv19.rss.
A file defaults.jap.
The file accounts.xml.
There is something special in file "recent-projects.txt". I will check this today.
Deleting recent-projects.txt wouldn't hurt. That would just result in no projects in the list on the left, until you start opening saved projects. The list would then be repopulated. And something screwy in that list could cause odd problems.
You can delete the older RSS files, albumv13.rss, etc., leaving only albumv19.rss.
You can delete the bin directory. The first time you launch jAlbum, it will go out and get the version of ffmpeg.exe that it needs.
I noticed that the new directory is called "JAlbum", the old one was called "jAlbum"!
But nothing to do with my old problem.
Got it. The problem is with "recent-projects.txt"
I have 35 projects in there. Just one of them points to a .jap file which is full of digital garbage, I think (see attached picture). When I removed that particular line. Everything is back to normal.
I dont know why that particular one got that way. I have other .jap files in the same directory and they are OK.
That was a Gromit skin, but I have other .jap file using Gromit skin and no problem with them.