This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31 Aug 20, 22:26 Last Post By: PhilippeCharles
PhilippeCharles

Projector v2 - Improvement - Unclear title pixel size?
Posted: 29 Aug 20, 08:57

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello Laza,
First of all, thank you very much for the very welcomed improvements made in the v2 :-) !

I wonder if there is possibly something wrong regarding the "Type" parameter under "Site" > "Title":
  • The size in pixels of the title "Type" parameter does not seem to work.
  • Next on the right to the list of 3 choices i.e. turntable, etc ... you have a pixel size (which cannot be edited). I suppose this is the max size in both horizontal or vertical direction, but this is not fully the case.
  • For instance, when selecting the "Chart" ("Carte" in French) type, you get the size1000x600, but you get instead 1054 pixels horizontal (quite close) and 320 pixels vertical?!

Did I miss something?

Beside this, if this is indeed a max pixel size, then it would be very useful to let the user edit the size, to limit the width to avoid distording too much the title image.

Laza

Re: Projector v2 - Improvement - Unclear title pixel size?
Posted: 29 Aug 20, 10:15   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Hi Philippe,

The title size (in pixels) has been removed in the new version. If you still want to control the size you can do this through CSS styles.
.title h1 { font-size: 2rem; }

Note, 1rem is 16px - in case of fonts I prefer using rem instead of pixels which size varies between devices.

In the responsive design there's no such thing as proper picture sizes. The essence of responsive design is that it adapts to the device. Displays a vertical image in a portrait mode mobile, while a wide strip on HD desptops. The default size is therefore not editable and gives a good estimated size for every scenario. Just try resizing your browser window to see how it works.

However it should never distort image proportions - must affect only cropping. Did you see distorted hero image?

Now that I have checked the font sizes and such I found a few bugs and made font sizes smaller for mobiles. Will update the skin soon.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 29 Aug 20, 22:01   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thank you Laza for your very fast response.

I am not sure I made my point clear enough:
  • First of all, I am indeed using the latest version available for Projector (v 2.1.2).
  • My request is only about the picture size, not the font size (which is fine, thanks for the CSS hint).
  • The title size (in pixels) is still there in v2.1.2. Did you remove it in the next version (i.e. not yet released)?

About the responsive design:
  • Of course, I have look into the effect of resizing before making posting my demand :-).
  • The implementation of the responsive design is fine in general, except that I would like to set a user limit to the magnitude of the crop, otherwise the image display may just get ugly, up to the point where you get an horizontal "strip".
  • I am shooting with a DSLR, thus image ratio is 3:2. You can crop to e.g. 2:1, but when you get 4:1, the image gets often unusable!
  • This is why I have never used the Title Type "Full width" since I am using Projector (only using "turntable" circular image until v2).

To respond to your question : there isn't any image distorsion, only image croping, so no such problem here.

Laza

Posted: 30 Aug 20, 12:05   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Attachment user.scss (50.2 KB)
Attachment user.css.map (35.8 KB)
Attachment user.css (76.0 KB)
Sorry, I understand now.

I agree, it's a good idea what you suggest. I tried to make the card image to not go beyond 2:1 Aspect Ratio on any screen.

I made a few changes so it's easier if you simple replace the style files in the skin directory (Ctrl-Shif-S), CSS folder.

Edited by: Laza on 30-Aug-2020 12:06
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 30 Aug 20, 21:33   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza, Thanks again for this fast response (so it looks like you are also working on both Saturday and Sundays :-) ).

I will try your new css files and let you know ; to be updated in the directory:
C:\Program Files\jAlbum\skins\Projector\css

Thank you for your support.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 31 Aug 20, 22:25   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Tested with today's new release v1.2.3: this works fine now :-).

A further improvement would be to let the user select the crop ratio (set to 2:1 now) as I suggested above.
Thank you for your support and reactivity!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums