This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Apr-2020 18:35 Last Post By: jGromit
justinhow

New user - printer and download buttons
Posted: 04-Apr-2020 13:32

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Migrating off Zenfolio because of terrible performance issues and moving to jAlbum hosted on my own Windows IIS server. I am using the latest app (ver 19.3.6 and latest Tiger (ver 2.13.6).
Been very impressed with the app and skin and most of it is working very well. Currently still in trial period if that makes any difference.
Minor issue that has stumped me is that I can't get the print and download buttons to appear although they are definitely selected under the Tiger/Lightbox/Info Panel.
Example page is https://www.howpics.com/2016/2016-04-09%20North%20York%20Moors%20Hols/index.html#img=20160412_123632.jpg

Edited by: justinhow on 04-Apr-2020 12:33
jGromit

Re: New user - printer and download buttons
Posted: 04-Apr-2020 13:48   in response to: justinhow in response to: justinhow

(Thread moved - this is a skin-specific question.)
jGromit

Posted: 04-Apr-2020 13:53   in response to: justinhow in response to: justinhow
Helpful
For the print button, it's not showing up because you've also told the skin to protect the images from right-clicking. In that situation, I think the skin assumes that it wouldn't make much sense to protect the images from right-clicking, but also allow printing. See Tiger > Site > Extra.

I believe it's a similar logic at work on the downloading. If you are protecting the images from right-clicking, it's not going to put a download button on the image. If you're not protecting the images from right-clicking, there's no need for a download button, since the visitor can just right-click and save the image.

The normal jAlbum logic is that, under Settings > Pages, you would tell it to Link to originals via scaled images. Then, the slide would show the scaled image, and the download button would provide the full-sized original.
justinhow

Posted: 04-Apr-2020 18:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I think the download and print buttons do not work if you just choose the option "Link to Originals" rather than "Link to originals via scaled images" as I changed this and they appeared. I don't think it is to do with the right click protection,
I would have thought this is a bug unless there is some reason that this is by design.

Edited by: justinhow on 04-Apr-2020 17:08
jGromit

Posted: 04-Apr-2020 18:35   in response to: justinhow in response to: justinhow

I started with your settings - Link to originals and Right click protection on images, and got no print button. I changed only the right-click protection, made the album again, and the print button appeared.

I then switched to Link to scaled-down images only. With Right click protection on images, no print button. Turning that option off made the print button reappear.

In any event, this isn't my skin, and I think the software is trying to be too clever by half.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums