This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 4 Feb 20, 03:26 Last Post By: bleraillez
bleraillez

19.3 - 0SX 10.14.6 pack of problems and a question.
Posted: 1 Feb 20, 23:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

It took me a while to modify the images "captions" to the keywords included. The only way was to find the correct preferences pane (a few hours of test), rebuild, save, quit and relaunch. With rebuilding showing an alert window full of:

"/Users/benoit/Desktop/Scans Condé/Images Lightroom/1910/Conde-1910-001_IMGP0452.tif: javax.imageio.IIOException: Metadata components != number of destination bands"
... (one per image)

Save, quit and relaunch seems to solve the problem for the eye because this alert still exists if I retry it.

Otherwise:

1. In Safari I read:
"Error. The current folder´s database file is missing or broken! and no first level folder's content is displayed."

2. Is there a way to have jAlbum create an intermediate image? People can download full resolution tiff images but only need to see a (smaller in size) jpeg version on a day to day basis. I know how to set the site to icon->small->download in the settings, but how do you automatically create the smaller jpeg version of the tiff files? Note that I need to regularly modify the keywords in the original tiff files (LightRoom) as the in formation appears.

I used jAlbum for 10 years now, always a bit of increase in "normal" knowledge, but here it's gone way ahead of my possibilities. Due to the fact that I found nothing, or didn't search correctly, in the sites manual/guidelines/tutorial/help...

N.B. I discovered today, pertaining to the discussions I have read here, in the forum, that jAlbum exists for W10 and Unix! You can't imagine my happiness to be able to work with other persons on a different OS.
JeffTucker

Re: 19.3 - 0SX 10.14.6 pack of problems and a question.
Posted: 2 Feb 20, 00:10   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez
Helpful
Attachment downloadbutton.png (35.6 KB)
Attachment extrasize.png (22.5 KB)
Attachment downloadlinking.png (18.9 KB)
Attachment result.png (421.0 KB)
If you're using Tiger, you can use one size for the slide image, but also offer the download of a larger JPG and offer the download of the TIFF.

See screenshots for settings, and the result in the album.
JeffTucker

Posted: 2 Feb 20, 00:15   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez
Helpful
Attachment processall.png (18.0 KB)
Attachment webserver.png (19.1 KB)
bleraillez wrote:
"Error. The current folder´s database file is missing or broken! and no first level folder's content is displayed."

Always let jAlbum process all the subdirectories, not just the updated subdirectories. In Tiger, it needs to regenerate the JSON databases. See screenshot.

Then for previewing, let jAlbum use its embedded web server. See screenshot.
bleraillez

Posted: 4 Feb 20, 01:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks, I corrected the image size. But now the site links go to another one of my sites.

Try:
<http://www.leraillez.com/famille_depuis_1900/>

I did a few "force remake album", but they all "making the index page" end with:

The following files could not be processed due to errors:
/Users/benoit/Desktop/Scans Condé/Images Lightroom/folder/fileName javax.imageio.IIOException: Metadata components != number of destination bands
and log ones:
/Users/benoit/Desktop/Scans Condé/Images Lightroom/1910/Conde-1910-006_IMGP0466.tif: /Users/benoit/Desktop/Scans Condé/Images Lightroom/1910/Conde-1910-007__IGP0469.tifjavax.imageio.IIOException: Metadata components != number of destination bands
: javax.imageio.IIOException: Metadata components != number of destination bands

The test site :
http://www.leraillez.com/Famille_test/index.html

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. It'd be great if there was a parisian around. I'd invite him for some meat and wine and have a personal course :)

The site seems to work but I still have the errors after preferences as you proposed.

I still have a problem: the "full" images are tiff and rather large even if I chose to have a link to originals via scaled down images. When you visit the site you only see tiff files, no smaller jpegs.

Where am I wrong?

TIA
JeffTucker

Posted: 4 Feb 20, 02:10   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

Attachment lifeboat.png (18.3 KB)
It looks like Lightroom is writing out some mangled metadata, and jAlbum can't deal with it.

TIFF is simply the wrong format to be working with. That's designed for printing and publishing, not for use on the web. Export the images from Lightroom as JPG's, in the sRGB color space. Then use those JPG's to create your album.

And please turn on the lifeboat file, and make sure you upload lifeboat.zip with your album. Without that, debugging is very difficult. When I try to access your lifeboat file, your site is redirecting me elsewhere. Very frustrating. See screenshot.
bleraillez

Posted: 4 Feb 20, 03:26   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
It looks like Lightroom is writing out some mangled metadata, and jAlbum can't deal with it.

TIFF is simply the wrong format to be working with. That's designed for printing and publishing, not for use on the web. Export the images from Lightroom as JPG's, in the sRGB color space. Then use those JPG's to create your album.

I'm looking for a way to find a way to export LR to JPG and preserve folder structure (some place, somewhere).

And please turn on the lifeboat file, and make sure you upload lifeboat.zip with your album. Without that, debugging is very difficult. When I try to access your lifeboat file, your site is redirecting me elsewhere. Very frustrating. See screenshot.

Done

OK, see above

Done

Thank you very much
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums