This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28 Nov 19, 16:39 Last Post By: AlexMZ
AlexMZ

external album - How to change URL
Posted: 1 Nov 19, 23:34

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have re-organized the structure of my website. All my albums were moved to new folders.
Now I want to change the URL of the external albums in my jalbum page, but in Edit-Mode it is only possible to view and copy the URL

Any chance to change it?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Peter (AlexMZ)
AlexMZ

Re: external album - How to change URL
Posted: 28 Nov 19, 12:30   in response to: AlexMZ in response to: AlexMZ

I am wondering about not to get any feedback and answer to my question.
RobM

Posted: 28 Nov 19, 12:34   in response to: AlexMZ in response to: AlexMZ

Delete the existing external album thumbnails and then add new ones with the new addresses
JeffTucker

Posted: 28 Nov 19, 13:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Attachment delAlbum.png (278.7 KB)
Attachment detailedView.png (125.7 KB)
Attachment addExternal.png (145.9 KB)
You can change the thumbnail, but there's no way to change the URL. Delete the album from your profile page, and add the album again. That won't delete the album itself. It's just the listing on the page that has to be recreated.

ETA: See screenshots - delete the album from the thumbnail, go to the detailed view, and add an external album.
AlexMZ

Posted: 28 Nov 19, 16:18   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Many thanks for your answer.

To delete the existing links to external albums and to create new entries, may cause confusion to my followers and others since the albums are not really new ones.

I have defined more than 100 albums and I think about to create a html page for each album that will forwarding to the new URL. Maybe that is a better solution.

But my question now is:
Was a thumbnails copied at that time, when the external album was defined in jAlbum.net and will it still exist as long the link to the external album exists?

At the moment, it looks like it is - I can see a thumbnail for each album even though the album is not longer reachable by the link.
JeffTucker

Posted: 28 Nov 19, 16:30   in response to: AlexMZ in response to: AlexMZ

It appears that the profile page doesn't try to update the thumbnail image - once you've given the listing a thumbnail, it gets copied, and stays there unless you change it. But I'm not sure - I've done only a quick test.

Instead of using the jAlbum profile page, I think I'd create an "album of albums," using web locations. That would give you a lot more control over the sequence of albums, which ones are marked "new," and so on. That would be easier than maintaining a lot of page redirects.
AlexMZ

Posted: 28 Nov 19, 16:39   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums