This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 4 Nov 19, 14:32 Last Post By: davidekholm
hakonberg

Import published album, re-skin and reupload...get stuck after Import..
Posted: 4 Nov 19, 13:05

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

I have a number of old, published albums that no longer seems to be compatible with old Flash version... and my TV (brand new I might add! :-) ) doesnt feel like updating Flash.

So I need to download (import?) the albums, re-skin them with something that works in this day and age, and re-upload them. (as the source album is on an older PC...)

I dont know how to do this, but I am guessing "Import" is a good word to start with. So I import an album... but then when I try to OPEN it, I get nowhere, i am just led to a set of folders ("thumbs", "slides", "res") which do not really enlighten me much.

I asked the "helpline" (as i am a paying subscriber) but all I got was "normally it should work" :-)

Anyone know how I should do this?

br
HÃ¥kon
JeffTucker

Re: Import published album, re-skin and reupload...get stuck after Import..
Posted: 4 Nov 19, 14:11   in response to: hakonberg in response to: hakonberg

It's hard to imagine what you're doing wrong. I just did a quick test of this, and it worked without a hitch.

Launch jAlbum, and with no project open, choose File, Import, Import published album. You will then be connected to your jalbum.net hosting account, and you'll see a list of the folders, each of which contains one of your albums. Click on the one you want to download so that it's highlighted (don't actually open the folder). Now click Download.

Once it's downloaded, the project should open automatically in jAlbum, ready for you to choose another skin, make the album, and upload it again.
davidekholm

Posted: 4 Nov 19, 14:23   in response to: hakonberg in response to: hakonberg
Helpful
It helps if you have a rather updated jAlbum version (at least v18 I'd guess). We've made the "import published album" function more solid lately
JeffTucker

Posted: 4 Nov 19, 14:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Correct
Yes, it looks like this user is using jAlbum 14. My test was done with jAlbum 19.1. Time to update!
hakonberg

Posted: 4 Nov 19, 14:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi

thank you for responding... I do all what you are saying, down to the last paragraph: nothing opens automatically, however, instead I am prompted by the download process to store my album somewhere... and after that I am lost: when i select "open" and click on the album, I am just shown a bunch of internal folders (?) that mean nothing to me, and won't let me open anything.
davidekholm

Posted: 4 Nov 19, 14:32   in response to: hakonberg in response to: hakonberg

If you're using such an old version and the album only has sub folders at the top level, then there is a bug causing the import function to not kick in. Here's a workaround:
1) Connect your account
2) Click the rightmost button in the toolbar to reveal all files and folders
3) Select the folder you wish to import
4) Create a "thumbs" and a "slides" dummy sub folder under the target folder
5) Select the target folder again and select "Download". Now does it suggest you to import the album? If not, then a jAlbum 19.1 update is recommended.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums