See my album at https://2ndchanceanimalcenter.org/cats/ and then compare it to the one at https://2ndchanceanimalcenter.org/dogs/. The "dogs" page is formatted correctly (at least last I checked) but the "cats" page is all screwed up - the captions are cutting off, it's the wrong font, the photos are being forced into a rectangle shape, regardless of the original proportions... I don't get why this keeps happening and frankly do not even know which settings need to be changed to fix this. Even importing the settings from the "dog" album does not correct the problem and in fact when making no changes at all to the dog album, it now will format the same exact way as the funky cat album... so frustrated right now... please help.
Try opening the ‘Dogs’ project then going to Menu/File and then select ‘Save as default’ and ‘Save as skin default’. Now create a small test project using the same skin and it should look like the Dogs album.
Edited by: RobM on 05-May-2019 11:04
Sorry , open the Dogs project, not the Cats
The problem goes deeper than that. The "good" album was made with Photoblogger 1.9.7. But when updating to Photoblogger 2.x, many of the settings change. Just one quick example: under Photoblogger > Main Content > Images, the Thumbnail content needs to be changed to Cards (Vertical), and for the Caption template, you need to choose Title + Comment. The list goes on, I'm afraid.
It won't be fun, but you'll need to start with a test album and work out the settings you want in the new version of Photoblogger, then follow RobM's suggestion about saving it as the skin default.
ETA: In fact, while the page indicates that it was created with 1.9.7, the only available project file, included in the lifeboat.zip file, is from 1.2.1.
Version 2.x has so many changes, it's virtually a new skin, so it's "start over" time when it comes to the settings. And going forward, make sure you always generate the lifeboat file - see Tools > Preferences > Album > Include lifeboat file - and always upload it along with the album.
One more hunch.... This user has, in the past, had problems with default skin settings reappearing, and overriding the saved project settings. So, the advice is to load the project, then count to ten before doing anything. Don't try to change any settings. Don't try to make the album. Just give it a few seconds to load the project fully.
Thanks for your replies... And... this is exactly what I was afraid of. I don't know if I have the ability to deal with this and really have no idea where to even begin (besides what you mentioned). I shouldn't have updated the skin I guess... At one point I had written down all the settings I changed but this is with the skin I used previously so even if I found that it wouldn't be helpful.
I appreciate the help... I am just beyond depressed and it's just one more reason that as soon as humanly possible I will be moving this client to the WordPress platform with an appropriate plugin.
I have tried to do that but my captions are all messed up - I'm getting the title and the captions repeating - it's hard to explain and I don't really want to upload the "mess" I'm seeing now. Also my title is all in caps now when it wasn't before and I can't figure out how to put it back to sentence case.
Please upload the "broken" album to a temporary directory somewhere - no reason to override the existing website. These really don't sound like huge problems, and can probably be fixed with just a few settings. But we need to see what's happening.
And be sure to include the lifeboat.zip file, as I mentioned earlier - that makes debugging infinitely easier, since we don't have to keep asking, "How did you set up this or that?"
Over coffee, I created a test project with the latest version of Photoblogger, and tried to make it look like your "dogs" page. Just using some dummy titles and comments, and some stock images, of course. I did have to do a little custom CSS to overcome a few Photoblogger defaults, but not a big deal.
Here is a link to the broken album... which unfortunately I just overwrote the "real" homepage for this testing site but that is easy enough to fix later (ugh still asleep I guess). https://2ndchanceanimalcenter.org/Staging/. The one thing though is I know in previous versions of Jalbum, there was a checkbox to include the "lifeboat.zip" file but I don't see that in this version. It is supposed to be included per the preferences - in other words isn't checked to not create one so I'm not sure what I need to do to upload it.