This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 04-Apr-2019 08:53 Last Post By: Merlin2504
Laza

Re: slider not shown
Posted: 03-Apr-2019 18:05   in response to: Merlin2504 in response to: Merlin2504

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Can you please help what do you mean by "Not mature yet"? The feature you are talking about was not present in the previous version either. But I can add this, I just don't know how to make it easy to understand. E.g. adding another control for excluding slider images?
"Don't exclude", "Exclude only on the top level", "Exclude on blog levels", "Exclude on all pages"? What do you think, that would work?
jGromit

Posted: 03-Apr-2019 18:42   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
...I can add this, I just don't know how to make it easy to understand.

I've thought about it, and I don't know how you could set up the UI to make everyone happy. There will be someone who wants to exlude the slider images on the top level only, but someone else who wants to exclude them on the top 2 or 3 levels, because his album is "all folders" until you get down to level 3 or 4.

It's one of those things that somehow needs to be set at the folder level, but we both know why that's a mess - custom UI, and once you start going down that road, there's just no end to it. Users find all kinds of things that they want to do differently at various folder levels.
Merlin2504

Posted: 04-Apr-2019 08:53   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I do not want to do you so much work now, because I'm probably the only one to notice the "problem"?
Gromit already writes, you can not please everyone. And he is right.
My wish would be:
The function "use images for Slider only", use only for the galleries. And exclude the function "at the top level". So that the thumbnails do not appear on the top level.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums