This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-Mar-2019 14:47 Last Post By: davidekholm
jGromit

New page > Empty page?
Posted: 11-Mar-2019 04:45

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Not sure whether this is a lack of imagination on my part, or if it's a bug, or a feature request.

If a skin's skin.properties file includes fullSiteSupport=false, it seems to me that the New Page > Empty page choice should be grayed out. It lets the user add a new page, but one that calls for "include" files that don't exist in the skin at all. The skin will generally ignore it, but why let the user create it in the first place?
RobM

Re: New page > Empty page?
Posted: 11-Mar-2019 11:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
If a skin's skin.properties file includes fullSiteSupport=false … The skin will generally ignore it, but why let the user create it in the first place?
If it is disabled then the engine should not attempt to process any existing template pages (produced when using a previous skin) but rather mark them as excluded.

The only usable case I can think of is if the skin allows custom links or iterates over templates, so the page can be referenced, and the end user is an experienced coder. That would seem to be an unlikely combination of things.
jGromit

Posted: 11-Mar-2019 11:38   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Most of my skins mark those pages as excluded, but only because I iterate through the tree and exclude anything that isn't supported. The jAlbum core does not do so.

But yeah, I found it hard to imagine the situation in which you'd want those to be there.
davidekholm

Posted: 12-Mar-2019 14:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Sounds reasonable
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums