This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Feb-2019 18:20 Last Post By: jGromit
markosphoto

Neptune - Fixed shape thumbnails
Posted: 01-Feb-2019 17:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
Really like the Neptune skin but would like to use fixed shape (1:1) for all thumbnails, not only for folder thumbnails. Is there a way to achieve this?
jGromit

Re: Neptune - Fixed shape thumbnails
Posted: 01-Feb-2019 17:44   in response to: markosphoto in response to: markosphoto

Not with the skin as it's currently built. That's been on my "maybe" list for Neptune for a while.

However, you can get to almost the same place by using Saturn, and turning off most of the thumbnail styling (borders, shadows, etc.). It uses the same lightbox.
markosphoto

Posted: 01-Feb-2019 17:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you jGromit for a quick reply! Would be great with the option for fixed shape thumbnails (even by a tweak of the skin files). I will give Saturn a try.
jGromit

Posted: 01-Feb-2019 18:20   in response to: markosphoto in response to: markosphoto

markosphoto wrote:
Would be great with the option for fixed shape thumbnails (even by a tweak of the skin files).

Much more than "a tweak."

Before someone chimes in with, "why not just apply the jAlbum fixed-shape filter to the thumbnails, but leave everything else alone," I need to point out that the justified gallery script that Neptune uses does not behave well with fixed-shape thumbnails. The thumbnail table needs a very different structure if it's going to work properly, which is what I do in, for example, Mercury and Pluto.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums