This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Dec-2018 14:32 Last Post By: jGromit
jGromit

A little weirdness in the music player controls
Posted: 06-Dec-2018 04:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment ss004824.png (47.8 KB)
Try this test album:

(demo album removed)

Pause the music, then open the folder, and see what happens to the music controls. What I'm seeing is like the attached screenshot. At that point, you can no longer pause the music. The same thing happens if you pause the music while in the folder, and return to the root.

Multiple browsers.
wolf-skate

Re: A little weirdness in the music player controls
Posted: 06-Dec-2018 08:40   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

yes see it..but am on slow machine wrt GUI reponse..so going up on top level afterwards it briefly shows the normal sound controls, where after it gets over written again big BIG arrow. Going down in folder again same happens, briefly controls show up before overwritten. In the brief period it is possible access the controls.

So some timing thing? (FF 63.0.3 and all sorts blockers on. JA site though set as trusted)
Laza

Posted: 06-Dec-2018 12:09   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

This is due to autoplay blocking. Google has started blocking autoplay requests recently, and force users to click the start button at least once per site. Unfortunately Turtle's player was made before this change, and because it is using it's own UI, google superimposes that large play button so users be aware they need to click the play button. I'm not sure how this could be fixed - I don't want to rewrite the player component of an old skin. Disabling autoplay probably fixes this.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Dec-2018 13:34   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Ah, yes. Understood. I haven't run into it because I'm using a simple <audio> tag in my skins - if autoplay doesn't work, the only effect is that the music just doesn't start by itself. The controlbar is the browser's own, so it doesn't get mangled by the browser.

I agree that rewriting Turtle to replace the jplayer script would be time not well spent.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums