This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Oct-2018 11:58 Last Post By: AnCa
AndreWolff

Google maps error
Posted: 26-Oct-2018 14:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
if I open http://jalbum.net/maps/downloads.jsp I get an error message, see enclosed screenshot.
AnCa

Re: Google maps error
Posted: 27-Oct-2018 00:14   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Oh.... Thanks for the report! I did check that page only a few days ago, so it must be very recently Google changed that. And I thought old Google Maps would work forever. But I guess I was wrong... I'll fix it during next week.
jGromit

Posted: 27-Oct-2018 00:18   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

My own "old API key" freebies are still working. Who knows what Google is up to? Or did the jAlbum map page get a lot of traffic? Can't imagine that's the case.
AnCa

Posted: 27-Oct-2018 01:07   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Or did the jAlbum map page get a lot of traffic? Can't imagine that's the case.
No, it seems to be around 40 views monthly of that page. That won't bring down the Google Maps service.... :)
AnCa

Posted: 29-Oct-2018 19:05   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The map is now back in working conditions.
jGromit

Posted: 29-Oct-2018 19:23   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Hours of entertainment.
AndreWolff

Posted: 29-Oct-2018 19:26   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

I doubt whether this is realy working: I downloaded jAlbum 17, but there is no activity voor the town Almelo in the Netherlands!
AnCa

Posted: 29-Oct-2018 20:08   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Your IP is mapped to the city "Goor" in our geo database. Maybe we got an old database.
AndreWolff

Posted: 29-Oct-2018 20:18   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
Your IP is mapped to the city "Goor" in our geo database. Maybe we got an old database.
Also Goor shows no activity. In fact shows whole East-North Netherlands no activity!

Btw what is an ?wicket:interface activity?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 29-Oct-2018 21:09

In the attached screendump you see that there was a launch in Meppel, but Meppel gets no Marker

Edited by: AndreWolff on 30-Oct-2018 11:13
AnCa

Posted: 30-Oct-2018 11:58   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
In the attached screendump you see that there was a launch in Meppel, but Meppel gets no Marker
The placing of the markers have some randomness added to them, so several events with the same coordinate don't end up on top of each other. (Some countries have so bad geodata that they all end up in the middle of the country.)

There is (more or less exactly) a one minute delay between the event and when it shows up, so you can test it.

The wicket-thingy is a flaw introduced when we made some changes to the download mechanism.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums