Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 112 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 25-Oct-2018 15:52 Last Post By: davidekholm
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 17 beta for testing
Posted: 21-Oct-2018 10:16   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
I process my images in Lighthroom where I use 2 monitors, the right monitor for my input and the left monitor to display as large image the currently edited image, you can compare that with the new review mode.

However the review window in jAlbum 17 is always opened on my right monitor.
I like to use the right monitor for the explorer view and the left monitor for the new review mode.

How can I get that done?

It is possible and a great idea, but needs to be implemented.
RobM

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 10:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
I suggest you read the rest of the help page that you quoted from earlier, it clearly states how it works and what it works with.
I did, the manual says:
You need to read the manual, not bits of it. The both lines below are in a nice bright yellow background ‘note’, how on Earth could you miss them?
Location tagging only works with jpeg images.
To save a tagged location close the edit window, move to another image or switch to another edit panel
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 10:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
To save a tagged location close the edit window, move to another image or switch to another edit panel
So there is a ommision in the implementation: if you click the Make button, jAlbum should first save the tagged location!
RobM

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 11:03   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
What I did is not indicated here: I moved the marker with the mouse!

I hope David is not going to tell me that that the most obvious way to change the location is not supported!

You should tell here that you can change the location by moving the cursor and if that is not supported, it shoulds be stated here in big letters and it should be forbidden to move the marker with the mouse in the location window!

Yet again you have failed to read the manual, dragging a pin is supported, it states ’…location and the image's currently tagged position, then drag the tagged pin to the desired location.’
jGromit

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 13:03   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
The spacebar triggers Review mode.

This looks like it's working properly now - perhaps MarkusD can confirm, since he's the one who spotted it first.
jGromit

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 13:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
jGromit wrote:
It seems to be confined to certain images, but they're as "plain vanilla" as can be. Try the attached image in a Minimal album.

Thanks for reporting. A side effect of "improved" import of incorrectly written Windows EXIF descriptions. Please try updated beta!

All healthy and happy again! Those "astronomy" images are an interesting test of metadata tolerance, since they're not coming directly from a normal digital camera. They're coming from places like the Hubble Space Telescope, and they then go through a lot of post-processing, so they often end up with mangled metadata.
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 14:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Yet again you have failed to read the manual, dragging a pin is supported, it states ’…location and the image's currently tagged position, then drag the tagged pin to the desired location.’
Well one part of the information is on the top of the page and the most important way, dragging the marker is at the bottom of the page. Why don't you put all information togather and why did you not start with the most used method, dragging the marker?

But I can confirm that if the location is changed with the mouse, it is correctly displayed in an updated album if I close the location window before I click the Make button!

However there are three things not working correctly:

1. If I click the Make button, jAlbum should first save all changed data.
2. If I make the text-box below the map empty, close the location window and open it again, and next enter a name in the search box followed by the Enter key, I see another marker in the map, but the corresponding coordinates are not displayed in the text-box below the map. If I close the location window and make the album, the image still shows the old location, but if I go back to the location window, it shows no location.
3. It is for me unclear how to Geotag a video

Edited by: AndreWolff on 21-Oct-2018 14:58
RobM

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 16:18   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
Well one part of the information is on the top of the page and the most important way, dragging the marker is at the bottom of the page. Why don't you put all information togather and why did you not start with the most used method, dragging the marker?
I wrote it how I like to, in an order that makes sense to me. Not one other person has said they have an issue with how the manual is put together. But anyone is free to create, edit and/or add to the wiki. If you don’t like it either do something about it or stop moaning - I won’t do things just for you.
But I can confirm that if the location is changed with the mouse, it is correctly displayed in an updated album if I close the location window before I click the Make button!

However there are three things not working correctly:

1. If I click the Make button, jAlbum should first save all changed data.

It can do, read the manual, use the search feature if you need to. But some data like GPS is not changed until you move the ‘focus’.
2. If I make the text-box below the map empty, close the location window and open it again, and next enter a name in the search box followed by the Enter key, I see another marker in the map, but the corresponding coordinates are not displayed in the text-box below the map. If I close the location window and make the album, the image still shows the old location, but if I go back to the location window, it shows no location.
3. It is for me unclear how to Geotag a video
Because you can’t, for the last time read the manual.
mrag

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 19:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment ja-3.jpg (11.7 KB)
Attachment ja-2.jpg (22.6 KB)
Attachment ja-1.jpg (24.6 KB)
Just downloaded jA 17b3 to an empty Windows 8.1 laptop.

On original start there are a number of "Notifications" including one "Read about jAlbum 15 improvements." 15? Most of these appear to disappear after the initial run, but perhaps worth a look. see ja-2

I attempted to associate OpenWith with Irfanview. In the past I could easily get to Infanview.exe, not this time. And once you choose wrong, there does not appear an easy way to fix (or change to say another editor). Is it just me? see ja-1

Going for broke here, but any chance of eventually getting an 'arrow' added into the Effects panel? see ja-3
AndreWolff

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 19:20   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
{quote:title=mrag wrote:}{quote
Going for broke here, but any chance of eventually getting an 'arrow' added into the Effects panel? see ja-3
I think ja-3 is a mistake, I have seen that already on the previous page!
jGromit

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 19:32   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:

Grab a copy of Greenshot, a freebie (Windows only, alas - it's way better than the clumsy stuff built into Preview on the Mac). Besides taking screenshots, you can also open any existing JPG or PNG and add stuff to it - arrows, text boxes, shapes, highlights, obfuscations (to blot out a username in a screenshot, for example), and so on.
jGromit

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 19:33   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:
On original start there are a number of "Notifications" including one "Read about jAlbum 15 improvements." 15?

That's just to keep you calm, by making you think that this is old, familiar territory. David doesn't want to overstimulate you.
MarkusD

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 19:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
jGromit wrote:
The spacebar triggers Review mode.

This looks like it's working properly now - perhaps MarkusD can confirm, since he's the one who spotted it first.

Yes, I confirm, now it works properly. Thanks, David.
RobM

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 21:06   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:

I attempted to associate OpenWith with Irfanview. In the past I could easily get to Infanview.exe, not this time. And once you choose wrong, there does not appear an easy way to fix (or change to say another editor). Is it just me? see ja-1
It’s just you ;) Hold the Opt key down when using the right-click
jGromit

Posted: 21-Oct-2018 21:16   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
There is no Opt key on a Windows keyboard.

ETA: I can't figure out how to do it, either. Once you've made a "bad" selection, you seem to be stuck with it. It doesn't seem to be saved in any file in the program or config directories.

ETAETA: Old stuff that I'd forgotten about. Hold down the ALT key, right-click on a thumbnail, then left-click on Set external editor (it won't highlight the selection - just click on it anyway).
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums