This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Jul 18, 11:14 Last Post By: tpendarakis
tpendarakis

Does Saturn offer right click protection?
Posted: 26 May 18, 19:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a couple of questions and a recommendation.

Does Saturn have a setting to prevent the download of images?
Which skins offer right click protection?
Is there another way to prevent right click copying of images for skins that do not have their own right click protection setting? I have tried the R-click prevention plug-ins available for WordPress sites but none of them worked for my jAlbum images even if my album was embedded into my WordPress site.
Which skins are compatible with the jAlbum WordPress Bridge?
Which skins are compatible with the jAlbum app?

Perhaps some of the above questions would be good filters to add to the skin browsing feature on jAlbum's website.

Thank you.
JeffTucker

Re: Does Saturn offer right click protection?
Posted: 26 May 18, 21:32   in response to: tpendarakis in response to: tpendarakis

I used to include the option to block right-click image downloading in my earlier skins, but removed it because it's a complete waste of time. It doesn't actually prevent anyone from downloading your images. There is literally no way to prevent that. If a visitor can see your image, he can copy your image. Most skin developers have reached the same conclusion - I don't think there's any current skin that bothers with it.

Virtually all skins can be used with the jAlbum Bridge code - just make sure you're telling jAlbum to generate the needed JSON files - Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata > Generate JSON data. But what is shown in the bridge is a standardized display of the images - it doesn't matter which skin was used to create the album. Only when the visitor clicks through to the album does he see what the skin has produced.

Virtually all skins can be used with the jAlbum app, as long as the RSS file is generated with the album - Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata > Generate media RSS feed. Here, too, what the visitor will see in the app is a standardized display of the images - it doesn't matter which skin was used to build the album.
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 May 18, 21:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Helpful
jGromit wrote:
I don't think there's any current skin that bothers with it.

I take that back - Laza is still wasting the bits necessary to put that into some of his skins - Photoblogger, Tiger, Turtle.

But it's still just a security blanket for the album creator - it gives him a warm feeling, but doesn't really protect him. ;)

ETA: My write-up on the subject: https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=48619
tpendarakis

Posted: 13 Jul 18, 11:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for all of the info.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums