This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 18 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 7 Feb 18, 23:05 Last Post By: JeffTucker
JeffTucker

Re: JPlaylist() monitoring
Posted: 7 Feb 18, 19:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
frame.dispose() releases OS related resources bound to a window. After calling .dispose(), things needs to be rebuilt before the window can be displayed again. Could that play a role?

That makes some intuitive sense. What fails is the "+" to add a new music file, so maybe it fails because it doesn't have a file chooser associated with it any longer. The other options, like deleting or re-ordering the music files, don't require any OS interaction - for those, it's all just jAlbum internal stuff.
davidekholm

Posted: 7 Feb 18, 19:27   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Could be something like that. The first thing I'd change is to use a JDialog and not a JFrame so it stays in front of the main window. You don't need to make it modal though.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Feb 18, 19:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The first thing I'd change is to use a JDialog and not a JFrame so it stays in front of the main window. You don't need to make it modal though.

I'll tinker with it. But I think of JDialog as a tool for putting up a little "confirm this" type window. On the other hand, the Matrix image/folder settings window is a monster, with multiple tabs, all kinds of listeners, navigation to next/previous objects, window titles that match the file/folder name, and so on. Take a look at it sometime.

On top of that, this is all a "TomCee Special," and I don't pretend to understand a fair chunk of what's in there.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Feb 18, 23:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The first thing I'd change is to use a JDialog and not a JFrame so it stays in front of the main window. You don't need to make it modal though.

What I've got is working (and has been for years), so there's certainly no urgency about altering it. But if you find yourself lolling around with nothing better to do, if you modify the customUI Java code from my little Xpopup skin demo, that would probably give me enough to work with. The Matrix code is pretty much the same, only 20 times the size.

I've tried to resist heading down that road with Gromit and Saturn - these huge popups with image- and folder-specific stuff are a bitch to maintain, and of course the template coding has to deal with all of these "local" variables. My advice to other skin developers is, "don't do this!"
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums