This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 8 Nov 17, 09:30 Last Post By: davidekholm
AndreWolff

Posts: 2,201
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 08:49
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment TigerFirefox.PNG (855.1 KB)
Attachment TigerChrome.PNG (574.0 KB)
My default browser is Chrome, so if I preview a local album made with the Tiger skin, I see a red error message, see screenshot TigerChrome.
If I next open the local album with the FireFox browser, I can display the result without problems, see screenshot TigerFirefox

So if I could define the preview browser for jAlbum, I can display a local Tiger album directly without problems.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,978
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 10:03   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
A very valid wish. I hope to be able to implement it, but it will be more effort requiring as there are now Java APIs for this, so implementation needs to be platform specific. So it's at least 3 times the work.
JeffTucker

Posts: 8,141
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 11:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
...there are now Java APIs for this....

I believe you mean no Java API's, correct?
RobM

Posts: 3,907
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 11:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
A very valid wish. I hope to be able to implement it, but it will be more effort requiring as there are now Java APIs for this, so implementation needs to be platform specific. So it's at least 3 times the work.
Would a keyboard option, like SHIFT + Alt clicking on the preview icon resulting in an ‘Open with…’ be easier. It would be more flexible.
AndreWolff

Posts: 2,201
Registered: 14-Dec-2007
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 13:51   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
Would a keyboard option, like SHIFT + Alt clicking on the preview icon resulting in an ‘Open with…’ be easier. It would be more flexible.
Too dififcult to remember for most users, however if David can’t implement the proposal, it is an idea to select such an option in the Preferences, so that you get ‘Open with ...’ with a normal click. This enables you to test the album locally with several browsers.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,978
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 4 Nov 17, 18:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
A very valid wish. I hope to be able to implement it, but it will be more effort requiring as there are now Java APIs for this, so implementation needs to be platform specific. So it's at least 3 times the work.
Would a keyboard option, like SHIFT + Alt clicking on the preview icon resulting in an ‘Open with…’ be easier. It would be more flexible.

Worth considering.
RobM

Posts: 3,907
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 7 Nov 17, 23:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Following on from Karl's post in the tips forum, I have updated the wiki to give more information on using jAlbum's built in web server
davidekholm

Posts: 3,978
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 8 Nov 17, 09:30   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
Following on from Karl's post in the tips forum, I have updated the wiki to give more information on using jAlbum's built in web server

Appreciated!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums