Permlink Replies: 23 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 13 Aug 17, 15:24 Last Post By: MarkusD
RobM

Re: HTML-capable editor for the comment field
Posted: 13 Aug 17, 09:46   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
MarkusD wrote:
But, to extend the current menu when you right click in the command pane with entries like:
<b>bold</b>
<i>italics</i>
<em>Renders as emphasized text</em>
<strong>Defines important text</strong>
<p>Add a paragraph</p>
etc...

would be a very good idea.

If you want to stay within the jAlbum text field why not configure your OS keyboard shortcuts, so '' gets expanded to '', or use a third party application to automate it further? For example, I use BBEdit to save writing code blocks
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:24   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
Hi,

over the years I wrote more and more detailed comments to not necessarily the pictures but to the folders. And I use more and more HTML-code. Because I have no knowledge in HTML at all I do the coding in Notepad++ and if it looks ok I copy&paste the code into the comment field in JA, see attached screen shots

The easiest way is to enter your comment block in a real html editor like Brackets of Dreamweaver and use the clipboard to enter it in the comment field.
MarkusD

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:30   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
Hi,

over the years I wrote more and more detailed comments to not necessarily the pictures but to the folders. And I use more and more HTML-code. Because I have no knowledge in HTML at all I do the coding in Notepad++ and if it looks ok I copy&paste the code into the comment field in JA, see attached screen shots

The easiest way is to enter your comment block in a real html editor and use the clipboard to enter it in the comment field.
That is exactly what I do at the moment, and what I wrote in my original post. ;-) From my user driven view I just thought, maybe there is a more elegant way to do that. ;-) My feature request is definitely a nice to have, that is for sure. And presumably will be used only from a few users.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:35   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
That is exactly what I do at the moment, and what I wrote in my original post. ;-)
Well Notepad++ is no real html editor, html knowledge about the tags is required.
JeffTucker

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:37   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
I suspect that one version that would be useful to a lot of people would be some simple formatting tools, like the ones here in the forum - mark some text, choose bold, italic, or underline, for example, and it would provide the HTML tags. Maybe links, as well, but that's trickier.

That would still risk collision with a skin, of course. For example, if the skin defaults to showing titles bold, marking one word within the title with HTML bold tags would have no effect, since there's no "even bolder" tag.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:49   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
I suspect that one version that would be useful to a lot of people would be some simple formatting tools, like the ones here in the forum - mark some text, choose bold, italic, or underline, for example, and it would provide the HTML tags. Maybe links, as well, but that's trickier.
Yes, that would be be nice.
If jAlbum or a clever JAVA programmer makes a public parser routine for these texts, it can be applied by skin developers.

My skins use already a parser routine to process links in the GitHub format. It is used in comments, footer text, album description etc.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 13-Aug-2017 14:51
RobM

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 14:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Curve ball maybe but, for those not conversant with HTML what about trying a Markdown editor (as used in the forums 'Plain text help' pane), type in one pane and see the HTML formatted text in another. Then copy the text as HTML code and paste into jAlbum.
MarkusD

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 15:21   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
That is exactly what I do at the moment, and what I wrote in my original post. ;-)
Well Notepad++ is no real html editor, html knowledge about the tags is required.
You are right. My idea was to only have an editor which is able to show if the code is ok.
MarkusD

Posted: 13 Aug 17, 15:24   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
Something like in the attached screen shot would be perfect.

That would still risk collision with a skin, of course. For example, if the skin defaults to showing titles bold, marking one word within the title with HTML bold tags would have no effect, since there's no "even bolder" tag.
I see.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums