This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 33 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 23 Nov 15, 02:26 Last Post By: jimberry
AndreWolff

Re: Work flow from taking the picture to an album
Posted: 19 Nov 15, 20:35   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
Polyglot allows titles and comments to be entered in multiple languages without using Google translation. If you are bilingual or polylingual you can enter exactly what you want for each language.
Yes I understand that, but it is a lot of work and I guess it is limited to 2 or 3 languages.
With the Google Translator-plug-in the viewer can choose 90 different languages.
RobM

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 20:38   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It supports as many languages as a user wants/can speak. With Google translation it depends on the texts, translations vary and your example shows it is not perfect.
AndreWolff

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 20:59   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
It supports as many languages as a user wants/can speak.
So normally a maximum of 3 or 4
With Google translation it depends on the texts, translations vary and your example shows it is not perfect.
Correct, but you can always follow the story, it is not meant as literature.
My example album contains about 60 folder albums an about 2000 photo's and it took me a lot of work to add just one language.
I am glad that I can leave the other 89 translations for the Google Translator plug-in!
RobM

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 21:13   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
It supports as many languages as a user wants/can speak.
So normally a maximum of 3 or 4
As many as the user wants means not limited in any way to a maximum of 3 or 4, but 'as many as the user wants'!
With Google translation it depends on the texts, translations vary and your example shows it is not perfect.
Correct, but you can always follow the story, it is not meant as literature.
Forum users don't all post in English but as descriptive questions in their own language, very often they are extremely difficult to fathom from the gibberish Google translation gives.

This is all irreverent anyway, Marcus doesn't want to use Google translation, quote 'Ahh, stupid me! Now I see, polyglot does translate the comments also, with Google. But, to be honest. I use Google Translate from time to time, and the results are, aeh, strange. ;-) OK, one could say, better a bad translation than no translation. And, having parts of my web site transferred to Google, I really don't like that thought. ;-) '
MarkusD

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 21:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
It is not the language of the skin which I'm after. I assume that most users understand the absolute basic words in English. What I meant are my own comments to the pictures and the comments to what I experienced on my trips. As I wrote, I used Chameleon until some month. And I liked the feature to make not only the album international, but also was able to give pictures and folder for example German and English comments.
This works fairly good as you can see in my Scandinavia album.
If I look at this site, its in Dutch, and to be honest, I don't see anything to translate that page. How does that translation work? I'm using Windows 7, German version, with FireFox 42.0.
RobM

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 23:02   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Attachment image.png (1.2 MB)
See attached, viewed in Safari.
AndreWolff

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 23:03   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Attachment image.png (2.0 MB)
MarkusD wrote:
How does that translation work? I'm using Windows 7, German version, with FireFox 42.0.
Just choose your language in the upper left combo box, see attached screen-shot of an iPad.
MarkusD

Posted: 19 Nov 15, 23:25   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
How does that translation work? I'm using Windows 7, German version, with FireFox 42.0.
Just choose your language in the upper left combo box, see attached screen-shot of an iPad.
I don't see such an icon. See screen shot. It's because I use Ghostery, this blocks Google away. ;-) For a good reason, I really don't like sniffing Google on my homepage. Anyway, I was just curious, how that translation works. I switched off Ghostery, and it worked. And I have to say, the translation is not that bad.

I appreciate your help, but in the end, I really like Turtle, so, any other skin is not an option for me. Thanks, Markus
AndreWolff

Posted: 20 Nov 15, 09:22   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
I appreciate your help, but in the end, I really like Turtle, so, any other skin is not an option for me.
This has nothing to do with a skin, you can do that also with the Turtle skin, see my Beerze Turtle test album.
MarkusD

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 10:05   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
I appreciate your help, but in the end, I really like Turtle, so, any other skin is not an option for me.
This has nothing to do with a skin, you can do that also with the Turtle skin, see my Beerze Turtle test album.
Ok. I wasn't aware of, that this is a core feature of JA. Nevertheless I still don't like Google translate my site. ;-) Thanks, Markus
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 19:38   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
Nevertheless I still don't like Google translate my site.
I don't know the URL of your site, but people not understanding The German language, will leave your site immediately if no translation is available!
JeffTucker

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 19:50   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
Ok. I wasn't aware of, that this is a core feature of JA.

It's not. It's a plugin available from Google. jAlbum knows nothing about it.
MarkusD

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 20:23   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
Nevertheless I still don't like Google translate my site.
I don't know the URL of your site,
Norge
but people not understanding The German language, will leave your site immediately if no translation is available!
I'm aware of this, that was one of my concerns if it makes sense to make pictures available to the public, if the comments are in German only, and there isn't a built-in possibility to translate. See discussion.

My site is just for fun, if people don't like, well, I can life with that. But I'm still willing to translate, at least the comments of the pictures, maybe not all the travel reports. But, Turtle doesn't support that, like Chameleon, which I used before Turtle.

The Google Translation is still not an option for me. ;-)
MarkusD

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 20:25   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
MarkusD wrote:
Ok. I wasn't aware of, that this is a core feature of JA.

It's not. It's a plugin available from Google. jAlbum knows nothing about it.

Ahh, thanks for this info.
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Nov 15, 23:45   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Attachment image.png (2.6 MB)
MarkusD wrote:
Norge
The Google Translation is still not an option for me. ;-)
Lucky enough I can still use The Google Tranlator to translate your website in Dutch, see the screen-shot. The result is OK, but because it is not build in your album I have to translate each page via a new command, very inconvenient!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums