Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10 Jul 21, 16:59 Last Post By: JeffTucker
JeffTucker

WOFF files & Google fonts
Posted: 11 Feb 15, 18:44
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hunting down good WOFF font files can be time-consuming. jAlbum user rfm2 put together a collection of script-style fonts:

http://jefftucker.jalbum.net/script-woffs/

Give the page a minute to load. These aren't screenshots of the WOFF fonts - that page is actually loading all of the fonts.

Many "decorative" fonts look best when used at large font sizes, in places like titles. At smaller sizes, they're inclined to become unreadable.

Some skins (most of my current skins, for example) have built-in support for WOFF's. In others, it's not particularly difficult to use them, with a bit of tweaking. In short, create a res folder in your project, stash the WOFF file in it, then add this to the skin's CSS:
At the top of the CSS file:

@font-face {
	font-family: "AguafinaScript-Regular";
	src: url("AguafinaScript-Regular.woff") format("woff");
}

Then, apply that font to whatever class you want (with a fallback
font stack, just in case):

.titlebar {
	font-family: "AguafinaScript-Regular", Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
}
JeffTucker

Re: WOFF files & Google fonts
Posted: 11 May 20, 19:59   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
My skins have always supported Google fonts, and I have recently updated all of them to allow two such fonts in an album. Laza's skins usually offer some preset choices, whereas my skins leave it entirely up to you. But all you need is the name of the Google font you want to incorporate, so if you see a font in one of Laza's presets that you like, you can just copy the name and use it in one of my skins.

The page for each Google font usually includes some suggested pairings (scroll down a bit). So, you can use a more elaborate font for things like page titles, but use a font for other text that's more easily readable at smaller sizes.

In my current skin demo's, you'll find these pairings, for example:

Cinzel Decorative / Raleway
Play / Montserrat
Aldrich / Raleway
Fjalla One / Roboto

Explore and experiment!

Fjalla One is used on the jAlbum website for large page titles.
JeffTucker

Re: WOFF files & Google fonts
Posted: 14 May 20, 15:15   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
A collection of miscellaneous WOFF's, with sample text:

https://jefftucker.jalbum.net/misc-woffs/
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums