This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 56 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] - Last Post: 4 May 12, 12:40 Last Post By: JeffTucker
RobM

Re: XMP data extraction
Posted: 25 Apr 12, 18:20   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm

Posted: 30 Apr 12, 09:58   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

EarlyOut wrote:
I haven't found one, yet.

As this has been so long on your "list of shame", I've now added all raw xmp tags to the "meta" object too. You find them under the "xmp." section, so the "Creator" XMP field can be extracted by entering xmp.dc:creator[1] in Turtle's "photo data" section for instance. To print all detected xmp fields, you can use ${xmp} as before.

To try this one out, replace your lib/jalbum-core.jar with this one .
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Apr 12, 13:18   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Works good! That will save me (and probably Laza, too) a lot of extra coding. :)

The xmp data now show up in Chameleon's old "metadata scouting" routine, which is handy.

In Turtle, Laza will probably want to change his metadata field defaults. At the very least, he should change Xmp to xmp, since it's case-sensitive (I think I'd rather stick to lower case - hard to say why). And he might want to add the fields that jAlbum populates:

• xmp.dc:creator[1] (Creator)
  • xmp.dc:subject[1] and [2], [3], etc. (Keywords)
  • xmp.dc:rights[1] (Copyright)
  • xmp.xmpRights:WebStatement (Copyright URL)

The Chameleon XMP tab doesn't pull up any of this stuff, but that's an issue for the eventual Chameleon rewrite - I haven't seen any users setting up a hue and cry about it.

TomCee's handy little metadata context menu item tool doesn't show the xmp fields, alas, but he's using a now ten-year-old Drew Noakes routine that obviously isn't looking for them. That's a pity - the one piece of this puzzle that's missing is a nice, easy-to-access tool that would display a sorted list of all the metadata fields in an image: EXIF, GPS, IPTC, JPEG, and XMP.
davidekholm

Posted: 1 May 12, 23:31   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

TomCee's handy little metadata context menu item tool doesn't show the xmp fields, alas, but he's using a now ten-year-old Drew Noakes routine that obviously isn't looking for them. That's a pity - the one piece of this puzzle that's missing is a nice, easy-to-access tool that would display a sorted list of all the metadata fields in an image: EXIF, GPS, IPTC, JPEG, and XMP.

I feel for you EO, so I've put together a new tool for that. Enjoy. I include the full NetBeans project with source code if anyone wishes to tweak it.
davidekholm

Posted: 1 May 12, 23:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I noticed you may need to hit F5 to refresh the display after editing metadata for this tool to pick up the changes. Well well, always room for improvement :-)
JeffTucker

Posted: 2 May 12, 01:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Ooh, I like it. :)

This really should be packaged with jAlbum, rather than being an addon, buried in a forum post somewhere. There's no other tool to match it.

Only one suggestion - slightly bigger font. Even with my new, updated prescription, the display is tough to read.
davidekholm

Posted: 3 May 12, 14:23   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

EarlyOut wrote:
Ooh, I like it. :)

This really should be packaged with jAlbum, rather than being an addon, buried in a forum post somewhere. There's no other tool to match it.

Only one suggestion - slightly bigger font. Even with my new, updated prescription, the display is tough to read.

Perhaps the font isn't anti-aliased on Windows? I can increase the font size for the next release.

The official/bundled version of "MetadataScout" doesn't require you to refresh the display to pick up updated metadata fields.
JeffTucker

Posted: 3 May 12, 14:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment tinyfont.jpg (76.3 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
Perhaps the font isn't anti-aliased on Windows?

I wouldn't even know how to check that. Basically, all the fonts in the main jAlbum window are the same size - project names, image editing tool names, etc. - but the metadata is a couple of ems lower. See screenshot.
davidekholm

Posted: 3 May 12, 14:48   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

How about this one?

Try this modified one. Now you can use keys "+" and "-" to change the font size

Edited by: davidekholm on 04-May-2012 10:59
JeffTucker

Posted: 3 May 12, 15:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment stilltiny.jpg (61.9 KB)
Pretty much the same - see attachment.
davidekholm

Posted: 4 May 12, 11:04   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I updated the attachment to allow you to change the font size with keys "+" and "-"
JeffTucker

Posted: 4 May 12, 12:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

That works good! :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums