After about a decade I have revived Reflections skin with new filters and features.
The following features are available in the ReflectionFilter:
- Show only reflection part of the image.
- Chain reflection filter (see example album at http://jalbum.net/a/1987822 )
- Allow reflecting up, down, left and right (used to be only down).
- You can still specify the ratio of the image to reflect (height/width).
The following features are available for the GradientPaintFilter:
- It's possible to paint the image before reflection.
- You can specify a different gradient paint direction (you can also synchronise it with the reflection direction).
- You can still specify opacity and ratio.
- You can change the gradient paint colours.
- Make it cyclic paint.
- Invert opacity (changes direction and makes darker)
- First default colour is black, second colour is #111111, can change both or neither or one (jAlbum colour selector available)
- Can swap colours with a click of a button
- Can restore colours back to default (individually or both)
- Can disable ReflectionFilter and still have paint filter enabled
The PhongFilter, which adds specular highlights, is disabled by default but has the following options (warning: changing these can add artefacts on images):
- Add before reflection; and if advanced option tick box is enabled you can change:
- Specular colour and multipliers (RGB)
- Ambient colour and multipliers (RGB)
- Diffuse colour and multipliers (RGB)
- Light colours and multipliers (RGB)
- Number of light sources
- Specular power
- There is a reset button for the specular/ambient/diffuse colours (and the multipliers) as well as the other options + reset all button.
The TranslucentFilter, also disabled by default, makes images translucent. The only option is of course the translucency.
Still uses the jQuery Exposure plugin for slides:
- You can disable slideshows, carousel and captions. If slideshow is enabled you can change the number of milliseconds in between each image.
- Stylesheet: Font size plus different colours depending on the style chosen.
The default settings are thus:
- PhongFilter and TranslucentFilter are disabled.
- ReflectionFilter: Chaining disabled, 100% ratio, down.
- GradientPaintFilter: Opacity 30%, sync direction with reflection direction, acyclic paint, opacity 30%, default colours as above. This means the reflection itself is painted but the original part is not.
- Stylesheet: Black
- Font size: 14
- Exposure jQuery plugin settings: Enable slideshow button (if started it has a delay of 3000m), enabled carousel and loops through slides.
- Style: Black
- Make sure to reload the skin or select a style specially to make sure that the variables are populated correctly, at first time for each album.
- Also make sure that you always force rebuild of the album or else filters might not be applied (or if you disabled they might still have the filters applied).
. Documentation is available but for the present not complete - this especially goes for the most complicated filter, the PhongFilter, because it's hard to explain and I'm very tired.
- The jAlbum version required might very well be lower but I do not know and for now I have the most up to date one. For one thing you have to have the most recent one (as of 1 September 2020): disabling filters for specific images. Better to simply have the most recent version anyway. Thank you to Dave for adding this feature!
Thank you again very much to jGromit, Rob M. and Chris Twist for helping me revive this after a decade of inactivity! Much appreciated.